It’s pointless to mention again that Adsense is one of the best contextual advertising network. Until now, adsense approval process was simple: You create a new adsense account, your account is reviewed, Adsense team accepts your application and you can implement ads on your site and start making money.
But from now on, Adsense has changed the adsense approval process and instead of simple one step process, they have made it 2-step process.
Sign up for Adsense > Account reviewed and passed first stage > Implement ad > Account reviewed again and finally accepted.
Starting from 31st August, when you sign up for a new Adsense account, your application will be reviewed by adsense team, they will do preliminary checks on your site and information submitted in the application. For all the application which passes this first stage, they will be granted access to Adsense account and codes will be provided to place it on submitted site in the application. This is not final approval.
Publisher have to implement those ad codes on their site and which will be showing blank ads and will blend with the background of your site. Any click on these ads will not be counted in your revenue until adsense team will again review ads and if publisher passes the final approval stage, he will get another Email from adsense team confirming the same. Until 2nd stage is not passed, you will be able to login to your adsense account but it will show a message saying your account is under review.
From my point of view I don’t see that this 2 step adsense approval process will speed up whole adsense approval stage in any ways. Infact since verification and review process will be done at two stage it might delay the whole process. Users who were using Adsense on youtube, already complaining that they seeing message saying “Your earning have been put on hold” and their account has gone under review stage.
Here is the process for AdSense approval:
- Register for an AdSense account by going to AdSense.com. Provide all the correct information about your Name, Address and Website URL.
- Within 1-2 days AdSense will verify the information, and send you an email.
- Login to AdSense account, create AdSense codes. Place the codes in your blog sidebar.
- Ads will shows as blank, until final approval process doesn’t finish. It may take about a week.
- After the final AdSense approval, you will get confirmation email.
- Once your AdSense earning will reach $10, AdSense will mail you a PIN to your address.
- Login to your AdSense account, and enter the Pin once you receive it.
- Congrats you have completed all the steps. Once your account reaches $100, Google will send you or wire you your earning. I recommend you to enable direct bank transfer for AdSense payments.
Though this will certainly help in domain ownership verification and more over those who are signing up using someone else website, might find it tough to get into Adsense. Nonetheless if your account is still rejected, it’s time to try out Adsense alternatives.
Have you signed up for Adsense recently? How was your experience with new adsense approval process?
You might like to read following useful adsense tips:
- 4 Adsense Myths debunked
- Tips to Avoid Violating Google Adsense Policies
- Youtube Adsense Partnership