Listen audio version
|Cheap WP Hosts||Cheapest plan|
Are you looking for a reliable and affordable WordPress hosting?
As WordPress powers close to 33% of the websites in the world, the number of cheap and high-end WordPress hosting has grown in numbers in the past few years.
In my career of 10 years, I had to move ShoutMeLoud almost seven times and every time, picking a new WordPress host and migrating is a tedious task.
Well, all these efforts eventually paid off regarding crafting this guide for you to help you pick the affordable WordPress hosting which is not only affordable but offers high-quality hosting so that you could focus on what you are good at.
When you are picking WordPress hosting for your new or an existing WordPress site, you should definitely focus on these few things:
- Latest PHP: PHP 7.0x is a must as it has a great advantage over the predecessor and makes your WordPress function faster.
- SSL Certificate: Google has made it public that SSL certificate is a ranking factor. The WordPress web hosting companies that I have listed below are the one that offers easy to integrate SSL certificate and also free. Many Webhosting services charge for SSL certificate even from bloggers which is not required and innocent users loses a lot of money due to this.
- Customer support: A decent customer service is not enough because when our website goes down, it’s a panic mode. A reliable hosting should offer excellent customer support and something you should expect from day one.
- Server location: The load time of your WordPress website has a direct impact on the search engine ranking. This is why it’s highly recommended to host your website closes to your target audience. For example, if your target audience are from USA, your website should be hosted on a server in USA. Similarly, if your audience is in India, it’s better to pick a hosting that offers data center in India.
Apart from these, a few features like hosting space, bandwidth and easy to use control panel is the icing on the cake.
Most of the time new users make the mistake of buying the plan which they don’t even need.
If you are starting a WordPress blog and you’re shopping for a hosting service, my advice would be to get a shared hosting plan which is not only inexpensive, it is also perfect for a new WordPress blog.
Such a plan will be at least 50% less expensive than other forms of hosting such as managed WordPress hosting or VPS hosting. Overall, you should consider the cost per month you are ok paying for hosting. For a shared hosting anything from $2.95 to $6 per month is a cheap buy that makes you a winner.
Here is a table consist of all the below listed top affordable WordPress hosting services in the order of their quality:
If you are new to the WordPress blogging platform, you may initially find your options for choosing the right hosting company confusing.
In this post, I have shared good and cheap WordPress hosting companies which should fit perfectly into your budget, whatever your budget may be!
I was once a “newbie” in the online world myself, so I know that it is helpful to create a resource containing lists of quality, inexpensive WordPress hosting.
In the following paragraphs, I will offer just such a list, allowing you to see your various options and the cost (or lack of cost!) associated with each.
Reliable WordPress Hosting Companies of 2021:
Here I will list only those hosting companies which are created for hosting the WordPress website and are also the cheapest.
1. Bluehost: $2.95/month unlimited hosting
Bluehost is the top-recommended low-cost WordPress hosting, and it is also the most affordable WordPress hosting available to you.
They offer various hosting packages, or you can simply grab their shared hosting plan (Prime) which offers 50GB space and unlimited bandwidth and a free domain at the cost of $2.95/month with this discounted link.
The basic plan is idle for hosting one WordPress site and if you are looking for hosting multiple WordPress websites, then opt for plus package.
What makes BlueHost the idle choice among cheap WordPress hosting is their offering.
They offer a Free SSL certificate which is a crucial search engine ranking factor.
Apart from this, they have an inbuilt caching mechanism which is very effective and help you load your WordPress blog faster.
Here is the load impact test result for Bluehost:
Nonetheless, you have to deal with one less plugin with their in-built endurance caching technology. Recently, Bluehost has revamped its dashboard and added new tools that will effectively let you manage your WordPress site.
The below image is taken from Bluehost Dashboard and you can see that various WordPress settings could be configured directly from the Bluehost dashboard.
I have four WordPress blogs hosted on Bluehost, and many of them are seeing the traffic of close to 10,000 hits per day, and yet Bluehost ensures that my sites never go down!
Pricing of Bluehost:
Bluehost offers 3 shared hosting plans
- Basic ($2.95/month): Idle for hosting one website. 50GB storage and unlimited bandwidth.
- Plus ($4.95/month): Host unlimited website, unmetered hosting space, and bandwidth, unlimited email accounts.
- Choice plus ($5.45/month): Everything on the plus plan and Codeguard basic is additional.
This video helps you understand how to complete the purchase of Bluehost hosting:
Important points regarding Bluehost’s offerings:
- WordPress specialized hosting
- Free domain for one year
- Free SSL Certificate
- In-built caching solution
- PHP 7.x
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited space
- One-click WordPress installation
- $100 Adwords credit
- Manage WordPress plugin updates from Bluehost Dashboard (New)
- Rating: 4.8/5
A2hosting is the new entrant into our low-cost WordPress hosting guide. They have been innovating a lot and offering cutting-edge features to host WordPress websites. They offer free solid-state drives (SSD hosting) and unlimited hosting which is every new blog needs. Their inexpensive WordPress hosting plans start from $7.99 which is now available at a 51% discount and costing only $3.92.
Especially if you planning to move from an existing hosting to one of these cheapest WordPress hostings, A2hosting is an idle option as it offers free website transfers. They also offer one-click WordPress installer which is handy. They are one of those hosting, that offers monthly payment option as well.
I am currently using SiteGround for few of my niche WordPress blogs which does not require high traffic. This is another cheap WordPress hosting service on the list, that offers outstanding support and server quality.
SiteGround offers various hosting packages, but for a beginner, I would suggest starting with GrowBig or GoGeek hosting plan.
SiteGround shared hosting service offers the following shared hosting packages with discounted prices after applying the coupon code:
- StartUp: One website hosting
- GrowBig: Unlimited site hosting & most popular plan
- GoGeek: Free private IP + Private SSL
SiteGround is one of the few hosting services which also offer reseller hosting, VPS, and dedicated servers.
This makes it easier for clients to quickly upgrade to a higher server package when their site’s traffic increases.
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Limited CPU Execution
- Free Site Migration
- 24*7 live Chat and Telephone support
- Pay bill via Paypal, Credit card.
- Free SSL using LetsEncrypt
- PHP 7.3
- Rating: 4.5/5
Conclusion: Which of these inexpensive WordPress hosting service should you use?
When it comes to affordable WordPress hosting, there are plenty of options, and it would not be wise for me to pick just one, as each of these WordPress hosts offers something unique.
Bluehost and A2hosting are the two cheapest WordPress hosting that you can pick from. They have been innovating many new things including an inbuilt cache which is something highly useful for new users.
A lot of this could be taken care of by using a free service such as Cloudflare, but again that’s for people who have a little geek inside them.
These are inexpensive (cheap!) WordPress hosting services are currently available to you at the time of the writing of this point. These can be purchased at a super affordable price, and they offer good reliable quality service.
Yes, most of these cheap WordPress hosts offer a domain name with their paid subscription. This is an additional saving for anyone looking for cheap hosts.
WordPress hosting has servers designed to host WordPress CMS. The servers generally use PHP and MySQL and adds rules that ensure hosted WordPress blogs or website runs fast & stay secure.
A2hostingIndia is designed for Indian users looking for cheap Indian WordPress hosting.
Here is some more information for you to study regarding the pros and cons of the following three hosting services.
You can also join our newsletter to continue receiving similar information, advice, and recommendations!
Subscribe on YouTube