Update: I have updated This article in Jan 2022 with the new AdSense account approval process.
It’s pointless to mention again that AdSense is one of the best contextual advertising networks. Until now, the AdSense approval process was simple: You create a new AdSense account, your account is reviewed, Adsense team accepts your application, and you can implement ads on your site and start making money.
From now on, AdSense has changed the AdSense approval process and made this easy for new publishers. Here is the new account approval process:
- Ensure your website is compatible with AdSense
- Sign up for an AdSense account
- Login to your AdSense account
- Add the AdSense code
- Wait for 1-2 weeks for final review & approval
Once you add the code on your blog, that will show blank ads. Here is a video that shows how to create your first AdSense ad unit:
In a typical scenario, it would take 48 hours to review your application. Once your application is approved, it would start showing ads on your blog & you will start making money.
Here is the process for AdSense approval:
- Register for an AdSense account by going to AdSense.com. Provide all the correct information about your Name, Address, and Website URL.
- Login to AdSense account, create AdSense codes. Place the codes in your blog sidebar.
- Ads will shows as blank until the final approval process doesn’t finish. It may take up to 2 weeks for approval. Make sure you don’t remove the ads.
- After the final AdSense approval, you will get a confirmation email.
- Once your AdSense earning reaches $10, AdSense will mail you a PIN to your address.
- Login to your AdSense account, and enter the Pin once you receive it.
- Congrats you have completed all the steps. Once your account reaches $100, Google will send you or wire your earning. I recommend you to enable direct bank transfer for AdSense payments.
Though this will certainly help in domain ownership verification and moreover those who are signing up using someone else website, might find it tough to get into AdSense. If they still reject your account, it’s time to try out AdSense alternatives.
Have you signed up for AdSense recently? How was your experience with the new AdSense approval process?
Here is a video that will help you in adding AdSense codes on your WordPress blog.
You might like to read the following useful AdSense tips:
Subscribe on YouTube