Are you struggling with the delivery of AdSense Pin? Unable to verify your AdSense account & receive your first $100 from AdSense? You are not alone, as AdSense users from many countries are facing the similar situation due to mailing issues.
If you are unsure of what I’m talking about, here it goes: AdSense sends you a Pin once you have earned your first $10 in your AdSense account. This AdSense pin is unique for every AdSense account & they send it via courier to the Address that you have mentioned while creating an AdSense account. Usually, AdSense sends your PIN by standard mail after few days of reaching the verification threshold.
PIN verification is mandatory for Address Verification of your AdSense account. Here is the address verification threshold for various countries:
You’ll have four months from the date your first PIN is generated to enter it in your account. If you haven’t entered it after four months, AdSense will stop showing ads on your pages. Important things to know:
- You have to wait for a week after your account balance reached verification threshold for a PIN to be generated and mailed to you.
- PINs often take up to 4 weeks to reach you by mail, though it may take longer depending on your location.
- If you’ve not received your PIN after four weeks, you’ll need to request a new one. To find the date when you will be able to request a new PIN, log in to your account and view the Account Settings page under the Home tab.
How to request a new AdSense pin:
- Login to your AdSense account
- Click on Gear icon at the top right & select settings.
- In the left sidebar click on account information
- Click the Verify Address link
- Request for new AdSense pin at the bottom of the page
Do remember: All the sent pins are duplicate of the first pin sent out to you. So even if you have received the first pin after requesting for a new one, you can use it to verify your address.
Usually, due to location (Especially if you are residing in the remote part of your country), you may not receive AdSense pin even after reapplying for AdSense pin. I have heard reports of many such incidents myself, and that is when I started looking for alternative methods of AdSense address verification.
According to AdSense Help, there are at max 3 attempts a user get to receive AdSense verification PIN. If you’ve requested your maximum of 3 PINs and haven’t received any of them within four weeks of your last PIN request, Then you have the option to verify your account by uploading a Government approved ID card. In the case of Indian users, you can use your Aadhar Card. Do remember, the ID card that you would be using needs to have your address mentioned which should be the same as what you have mentioned when applying for AdSense account.
In the case of other countries, you can upload scanned copies of your government approved documents. You can also use Bank statement, Telephone bill for the same. If you have a passport, use it to get pass AdSense pin woes.
Verify AdSense Account Address using Aadhar Card or International Passport
As I mentioned above, you can verify using any document & couple of days back one of my readers verified his account with Aadhar card.
Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. This number will serve as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Here is how Aadhar card looks like:
If you still don’t have it then I suggest you get it made as it an excellent initiative by the Indian Government to centralize identification procedures, follow the guidelines here to get one for yourself. Aadhar card can be used for verification at banks, hotels, embassies and now Google AdSense! If you have an international passport, you can use that instead to verify AdSense pin.
Simple steps to verify AdSense account using Aadhar Card or other allowed document
Before beginning, have a scanned copy of your Aadhar Card ready. Make sure that the quality of the scanned image is top notch. You can use free mobile apps like Scannable to do the same with ease. Save this scanned file in the form of a PDF document!
Now, follow these steps:
- Go to your AdSense account. Log into the dashboard.
- Go to the section of ID verification
- Fill out the form, giving all the authentic details.
- Keep your publisher ID handy as you will need to fill that in.
- You will find an option below to verify your account through documentation instead of PIN
- Click on upload document and then upload the PDF file.
- Click the submit button
After this, you need only wait for the AdSense team to reply. It can take up to 30 minutes. Your account will be verified, and then you will have complete access to your earnings & once you have reached the payment threshold, you will be paid.
- Read: How Google AdSense Pays in India
- How to enable direct bank transfer payment method for AdSense
- AdSense revealed revenue share between publishers and advertisers
I understand that waiting for AdSense pin is a painful period as when you see your first few dollars in the account, you start believing in the online money & you can’t wait to have it. All I can say here is be patient & in few months your account will be verified either by AdSense pin or alternate methods that I have shared above.
Feel free to share your experience with AdSense address verification. Do share this guide with newbie bloggers & AdSense users to let them know about the whole process. Do check out our Make money online category to learn more tips on earning from your blog.