A comment box is a simple tool for communicating with your readers on certain topics on your blog or website so that you and your readers can exchange ideas. You can moderate every comment in your control; either to approve or delete them most especially those spam ones. Another advantage of adding a comment box is it makes your blog or site search engine friendly and of course adds a little interactivity to your site and design.
Blog platform such as wordpress or blogger, their comment box has already built-in, which means you don’t need to program it. But for those website created from scratch, it needs a little bit of programming skills which could be tedious especially for newbie. But if php or java programming is your taste then this would be a lot easier for you to create and customize your own comment box. But for those programming knowledge that are limited, you could use Disqus to embed comment box on your website which is much easier to implement. You don’t need to know any programming language – if you can follow instructions then you can set it up in a few minutes.
I’ve recently set up my own Disqus comment box and it fits perfectly to my site, you can check my site before you would want to try this out. Disqus is quite a bit sophisticated but not difficult to implement. It has the ability to let readers login and comment using their internet identity such as facebook, open id, wordpress, blogger and etc. You can customize the looks and feel of each comment box for every site, isn’t it nice?
Nevertheless, I’ll show you how to set up your own Disqus comment box to your website.
Here’s how you can set up your own Disqus comment for your website:
1. Sign up for Disqus.
2. Next login to your account and register a new site. Refer to the screenshot below.
3. Next is to select the different features you’d like to have. If you intend to use Facebook connect, make sure you already have api key. If you don’t have one, click here to learn how to get one.
4. Click on Universal Code because we intend to add this on a custom website.
5. Copy the first code: You should paste the first code below your article. Refer to the screenshot to where to paste them on your website.
6. Copy the second code and paste just before the body end tag. Refer to screenshot.
7. Lastly, create a link, checkout how it is formatted.
Example: <a href=”http://ShoutMeLoud.com/SML-dollar-income.html#disqus_thread”>Comments</a>
That’s it.. Try it now in your website.
You might be also interested of my other articles:
- 1. 10 Facebook Tips and Tricks That You Should Know.
- 2. Thesis Theme: How to Remove Sidebar on a Specific Page.
- 3. How to Acquire Your Facebook API Key.
Do let us know which commenting system you like the most? DISQUS, Intense debate or default WordPress commenting system?
Get Free Blogging updates in your Email