Here at ShoutMeLoud, we have featured many useful themes & plugins from these stores. (At the end of this post, you will find links to those articles.)
One of the challenges that users like you & me face after purchasing a product from both of these stores is updating. I have purchased a few plugins (like WP Link Status) & it’s a pain to download updated versions and manually update them.
Well, today is a good day, as now we have an official WordPress plugin called WP Envato Market that will make the updating process automatic. Sound good?
Using Envato Market Plugin to Auto-Update ThemeForest & CodeCanyon Products
After activating the plugin, click on the “Envato Market” icon from the left sidebar. Here you have two options:
- Global OAuth Personal Token
- Single Use OAuth Personal Tokens: This works for individual items and additionally requires the Envato Market item ID. This is useful for a freelancer who has installed themes and/or plugins on a client site.
To generate your personal token, click on this link & login using your Envato Market login details.
Copy & paste your unique token into the Envato settings inside your WordPress dashboard.
Click on “Save Changes”.
Once you have configured this properly, you will see a screen where you can install or update your already purchased plugins & themes.
- Note: In my case, the plugin was not showing any update for WP Link Status Pro.
- I deleted the WP Link Status plugin & installed it again using the Envato Market plugin.
Hopefully, in the coming days, we will see more features added to this plugin such as seeing the changelog or an option to search & buy the plugin directly from the dashboard.
Let me know what products you are using from these marketplaces in the comments below. Does this plugin excite you?
As promised above, here are some of the best WordPress products from these two stores:
- Discover The 10 Most Popular WordPress Plugins of CodeCanyon
- 7+ Best WordPress Review Themes & Plugins
- Best Social Media Follow Buttons- WordPress Plugins
Subscribe on YouTube