When it comes to making money from a blog, you have many options. One of the simplest is to place PPC advertisements on your blog, and you will be paid depending on the niche, quality of traffic, and the number of clicks on ads.
Of all the advertising networks currently available, Google AdSense is certainly the best, but it is also one of the most highly criticized, due to its harsh rules. Many bloggers lose their hope of making money with AdSense once their AdSense account is disabled or not approved.
Media.net is an ad network that has been getting great reviews from around the globe. Media.net is currently an invitation based ad network, and anyone can request an invite here.
Here is the recent payment that I received from media.net:
There are many great features of Media.net, one of them being a dedicated account manager to help you get started, and help you to make more money from the blog.
I will discuss all of this in greater detail later in this article, but first, let’s have a look at what Media.net is all about.
Media.net: features and program information:
Media.net is a contextual ad network, which means that it hosts advertisements based on the context of the page. For example, if you are running Media.net ads on your page about dogs, your readers will be seeing advertisements related to dogs and dogs products. Similarly, a page about cameras will have ads related to cameras and photography accessories.
Contextual advertisements perform better than any other type of ads (direct ads), and this is one reason why AdSense is so popular.
Media.net is powered by Yahoo! and Bing, and you will see only high-quality and high-paying ads through Media.net.
Media.net is targeted to small to large Bloggers & media houses that produce quality content. So even if you have a small blog with targeted and quality content, your chance of getting approval is high.
Here are some of the most notable features of the Media.net ad network:
- Contextual advertisements: As mentioned above, ads will be shown based on the context of the page.
- High revenue: The quality of ads is high, and various optimization techniques will help you to make a significant amount of money from your hosted ads.
- Mobile ads: One of the key features of Media.net is the hosting of mobile ads. This feature is currently in beta, but with the growing number of smartphone users, mobile ads are the future of advertising for publishers. Media.net mobile detection technology automatically detects mobile and smartphone browsers and serves mobile ads which will help you to earn additional income.
- Account manager: There are very few ad networks offering dedicated account managers, and Media.net is one of them. As soon as you get an approved Media.net account, you will be assigned an account manager, and he will assist you with the setup and help you to get started. Indeed, if you are not a blogger who likes to optimize ads (colour, text, etc.), your account manager will do this for you.
- Neat and clean reporting dashboard: The reporting dashboard is neat, and it is easy to become accustomed to using it.
- One account for unlimited websites: If you have one approved account with Media.net, you can use the same account to run advertisements on multiple websites. You will, however, need to get approval for every website, which is easy with the help of site manager.
- Multiple ad unit sizes: You can create multiple ad unit sizes using the Media.net ad management panel.
How to get started with Media.net
Currently, the Yahoo! Bing contextual ad network (Media.net) is an invitation based ad network. You can apply for an invite code here, by adding details about you and your website. If you have multiple blogs/websites, you can apply for all of them under one account from the same page.
Soon thereafter, one of their representatives will evaluate your blog, and once you are approved, you will be assigned an account manager, and you will receive your login details via email.
To ensure the high quality of ads, they do have program policies, and before applying it is a good idea to review these policies for your information.
Once your application has been approved, log in to the Media.net dashboard, start creating ad units for your website, and place the code. The process is simple, and if you have ever used an ad network such as AdSense or any other, the process is almost the same.
At the time of the writing of this post, Media.net supports payment via PayPal and Payoneer.
The minimum payout threshold is $100.
Overall, after reading the reviews about Media.net and considering the way it has evolved in the past year, I feel comfortable recommending that you go ahead and sign up for a publisher’s account.
If you are an existing Media.net publisher, I would love to hear your feedback, experience, and opinion.
Also Read: Best Google AdSense Alternatives
If you find this article interesting, consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Subscribe on YouTube