Blogging is an art, and using the right blogging tools will make your art rise and shine!
This is an epic list of blogging tools to which you can refer (hint: bookmark it!), and find new tools to enhance your blogging experience as well as the experience of your readers!
This epic list of blogging tools consists of resources for all types of bloggers whether professional, part-time or personal. I have structured them into various sections, allowing you to evaluate and choose the right tool for the right purpose.
Though the list of available tools is long, every tool is useful in its own way. I also offer a one-line comment for each tool as a quick but helpful reference.
I have personally used at least 75% of the tools mentioned below, and the remaining 25% are suggested by bloggers whose opinions I read and I trust.
Note: Some of the links have my affiliate link ( I will buy coffee)
The Ultimate Cheat Sheet of Blogging Tools
AI Writing tools
- Jasper.ai: The most user-friendly artificial writing tool that can help you write content, blog title, emails, and marketing materials. Think of this as your personal writing assistant. If you have never used it, then you have no idea what you are missing on.
- Rytr: Rytr is a freemium artificial writing assistant tool. It offers a generous free plan for you to try out the power of artificial intelligence.
Desktop blog editors
- Hemingway Editor: A great desktop writing tool that will enhance your writing. Get an instant reading level grade and word count. Available for Windows and Mac.
- Frase: A web-based writing tool that is integrated with WordPress, medium, and a few other platforms. It uses AI technology to help you improve your content.
- Open Live Writer: Best desktop editor for Windows OS, and you can publish directly from your desktop.
- Evernote: I use this to take quick notes on my iPhone, and it’s available via cloud syncing.
Content idea generation tools
- BuzzSumo: Enter a website or a topic to find the most shared and engaging content.
- Quora: Search for your keywords in a search box of Quora, and you will get unlimited ideas for your blog content.
- Blog topic generator: Enter your keyword and it will give you post ideas.
- Google Trends: Check the currently trending topics or find the search trend for any keyword of your choice.
Blog post title tool
- EMV tool: Checks the emotional marketing value of a title. The higher the EMV score is, the better it will perform on social media channels.
- Headline Analyzer: This is the best tool in this lot. Regardless of what you know or don’t know about blogging, you will be churning out the best titles for your blog posts.
- TweakBiz title generator: A comprehensive title generator by TweakBiz.
- Potent idea generator: Call it a content idea generator or a title generator – it functions as both.
- UpWorthy title generator: The only viral topic generator you need.
- Grammarly: Saviour for a non-native English speaker like me. Helps with proofreading, suggests words, and is a great companion.
- ProWriting Aid: Another popular grammar and spell checker tool. Supports multiple platforms.
- Hemingway App: Free web-based tool to improve your writing. I’m sure you will end up bookmarking this one.
Stock images for blogs
- Flickr Advanced search: Use Flickr Advance search to find images with a creative commons license.
- Google image search: Use images with an appropriate license that you can use on your blog.
- Pixabay: Another great site where you can download high-quality images. You don’t have to give credit links.
Blog reading and content discovery tool
- Feedly: Subscribe to any blog feeds or search for your interested topic to discover new blogs to subscribe to.
- Pocket: A “read it later” app which is also a productive app. Integrated into all the reading apps mentioned previously and lets you save articles for later reading.
Desktop Image/video recording + editing tools
- Camtasia: Available for both Windows and Mac OS, and let you record screencasts. Offers a one-month free trial.
- Loom: A brand new tool that also offers desktop recording. You can use it to record screencast with your face in a bubble.
- Snag it: Image capturing and editing tool for Mac and Windows OS. One of the best, and highly recommended for bloggers.
- Image Optim: Mac Image compressor tool which optimizes your images for the web.
- MPEG Streamclip: A powerful desktop video converter software for Windows and Mac. You can use it to convert, cut, trim and join videos. I usually use it to convert my video format to reduce the size of the video.
- Audacity: A sound recorder tool for every major desktop OS. Useful for podcasters, as you can record and then edit your recordings.
- TubeBuddy: If you are a Youtube publisher or video blogger, you should get Tubebuddy. This one tool can double your Youtube channel traffic & make it easier to manage your Youtube channel. Highly recommended for YouTube publishers.
Visitor stats and analytics tool
- Google Analytics: The best solution for viewing advanced details about your blog traffic. Also shows the live traffic status of your blog.
- Jetpack plugin: Offers a module called “WordPress.com stats”, which allows you to see traffic details from your WordPress dashboard.
- Fiverr: Outsource things like YouTube video intros or buy social media likes & much more for only $5.
- Freelancer: Great place to hire virtual assistants or freelancers to get a job done.
- 99designs: Crowd-sourcing websites for your web design needs. Cheap, but high quality.
Productivity tools: Take control of your time
- Headspace: Tired of blogging constantly? Use Headspace and meditate for 5 minutes. You will thank me later!
- ToDoist: Manage your to-do list with To-Doits. Available on all platforms, and stores data in the cloud.
- Trello: A card-based task management tool. I have used it in the past, but have now shifted to Wunderlist. Still, Trello serves a different purpose and is very popular.
- Rescuetime: Sends you weekly stats (configurable) of which site you spent the most time on during the previous week. A good idea to start taking note of your counter-productive activity and save your precious time. Install, configure and it runs in the background.
- Selfcontrol: App for Mac that lets you block access to certain sites. Try blocking Facebook, and notice how your productivity increases!
Keyword research tools
- Google Keyword Planner: A Free and easy-to-use keyword research tool.
- SEMRUSH: Atypical keyword tool that allows you to find keywords that a given website is ranking for. Use it to find long-tail keywords which are easy to rank for.
- LongTailPro: Desktop-based (Windows & Mac) keyword research tool. Perfect for those who have little experience with keyword research.
- Google Search Console: This free tool from Google shows various data such as links to your website, duplicate content, and keyword ranking.
- Bing Webmaster Tool: Similar to Google Webmaster Tool, but for Bing search engine.
- Integrity: Desktop tool for Mac that checks your blog for broken links (internal and external).
- ScreamingFrog: The Desktop SEO tool which lets you check your blog from the web-spiders point of view. Available for Windows, Ubuntu, and Mac OS.
- SiteBulb: Another great desktop based site crawling and auditing tool. I have discovered this recently and loving it.
- KWfinder: I discovered this tool while doing research for this post. Guess what? I have fallen in love with it. I will share a detailed review soon, but for now, you should bookmark and try it. The free plan lets you make 5 searches in 24 hours, which is pretty neat.
Social Media Tools
- SocialPilot: New kid on the block of social media tools, but I love it as they offer an iOS app (and an Android app too).
- BufferApp: This will never let your social media profile run out of content. Also offers a mobile app called “Daily”, which lets you add high-quality content to your social media profiles.
- AgoraPulse: One of the best social media management tools of 2023. Do try their mobile app and you will thank me later.
- Tailwind: Perfect for Instagram and Pinterest scheduling.
- ClickToTweet: Create a single link to tweet. You can use it within your blog post to increase your number of tweets.
Images for social media tool
- Stencil: Create beautiful images and download or share them directly to your social media channels. Easy to use and requires zero experience.
- Canva: The most talked about social media image tool. Offers images of various sizes based on specific social media platforms.
- PicMonkey: Online photo editing and photo design tool. Also lets you create photo collages.
- Pictochart: Infographics are the most shared content type on social media, and Pictochart is the best free Infographic tool available right now.
- QuotesCover: Create visually appealing quote images.
- Pablo: This free web app is by Buffer. Lets you add text over images, and share it on social media sites with a single click.
- Vid to gif: .gif images increase CTR, and sites like Facebook, and Twitter support .gif images. Use this tool to create a .gif from any online video.
- Google AdSense: The best contextual advertising network. It’s easy to manage and pays on time.
- Setupad: An ad network. High quality ads just like AdSense.
- Properllerads: A good alternative to Google AdSense with a lower minimum payout.
- VigLink: Perfect for bloggers who use commerce-related words in their articles. Search engine friendly, and lets you earn money from an outbound link.
Affiliate marketplace for affiliate bloggers
- ShareASale: Another popular affiliate marketplace with tons of affiliate programs from which to choose.
- Impact Radius: Gaining traction lately as many popular companies like MaxCDN and Media Temple use IR to run their affiliate programs.
- Commission Junction: One of the oldest & reliable affiliate marketplaces to find great affiliate offers. You can also get paid via Payoneer.
Check out: Best Affiliate networks
Email marketing tools for bloggers
- ConvertKit: Best email marketing software for bloggers offering email automation, personalization, and pre-built templates for sending beautiful email newsletters.
- Aweber: Another popular tool among bloggers & internet marketers. Offers Webinars support & 30-day free trial without a credit card.
Landing page tool for WordPress
- LeadPages: One of the most trusted landing page tools for WordPress or any other blogging platform.
Web-hosting resource for bloggers
- Bluehost: Recommended as the #1 hosting service by the official WordPress.org hosting resource page. Cheap and affordable shared hosting with one free domain name.
- Cloudways: Want to host your WordPress site in the Cloud (Amazon or Digital Ocean)? Look no further than Cloudways. Makes it easier for non-technical users to host their websites in the cloud.
- FileZilla: Desktop FTP tool which is available for every desktop OS.
Blog promotion tools
- Flipboard: Create your own magazines and curate articles from the web or from your own site. Your creation combined with Flipboard can drive targeted traffic. You can use their bookmarklet to add content to your magazine, or use their mobile app.
- MakeWebvideo: Use whiteboard style videos for your blog intro or for any topic. See an example here.
- Wisestamp: Add visually appealing signatures after your email. Use Wisestamp RSS addon and show your latest blog post in every email. A clever technique to market your latest post. I use it to gain subscribers to my social channels. This is an add-on for browsers.
Content marketing tools
I have covered many content marketing tools above. Following are a few which did not fit into any of the above categories:
- BuzzStream: For bloggers’ outreach. Not a free tool, but this is an absolutely amazing tool for serious bloggers & marketers.
Other miscellaneous blogging tools
- PushEngage: Enables web-push notifications for your blog. A new and innovative way to let users subscribe to your blog updates.
- Google apps: Create domain specific email. Powered by Google & you will get access to all Google products. Also helps in getting AdSense approval fast with domain specific email address.
- Speechpad: Offers transcription services for audio or video.
- GtMetrix: Check your desktop & mobile site’s loading speed. It also suggests how to improve loading time.
Over to you: add your favorite tools in the comments
This list will never be complete without your contribution. You can make this epic list of tools more useful by adding your favorite tools in the comment section below. Help me to make it 150+ list…
One more thing…
Share this article with your blogger friends, as it will help them and make my countless hours more meaningful.
Here are a few hand-picked guides for you to read next:
- 5 Excellent Websites for Checking Google Keyword Rankings
- Best Keyword Research Tools For SEO: Latest Edition
- 10 Killer Ways To Promote YouTube Videos For Higher Traffic
Subscribe on YouTube