When it comes to making money from a blog, we have many options. One of the simplest one is place PPC advertisements on your blog, and you will be paid depending upon the niche, quality of traffic and Advertisement clicks. Out of all advertising network at this moment, Google AdSense is certainly the best, and one of the most criticised one due to their harsh rules. Many bloggers lose hope of making money, once their AdSense account is disabled or not approved, and I have talked about many alternative ways to make money in this article.
Today, I will be featuring Media.net which is contextual ad network brought to you by Yahoo! and Bing together, and getting great review from around the globe. It will be too early to call it as real AdSense alternative, as media.net is currently invite based ad network, and any one can request an invite. There are many great things about media.net and one of them is, dedicated account manager, to help you get started and to take care of your account. I will be talking about all this in a moment, but first lets see what is media.net and what is it all about.
Media.net : Features and Program information
Meida.net is a contextual ad network, that means it serves advertisements based on the context of the page. For example, if you are running media.net ads on your page about dogs, your readers will be seeing advertisements related to dogs/dogs products. Similarly a page about camera will have ads related to cameras and related accessories.
Contextual advertisement performs better than any other ad types (Direct ads), and this is one reason AdSense is so popular. Media.net is powered by Yahoo! and Bing, and you will be seeing only high quality and high paying ads. Media.net is targeted to small and large publishers, who produce quality content. So even if you have a small blog but with targeted and quality content, your chances of getting approval is high. Here are some of the notable features of Media.net ad network:
- Contextual advertisements: As mentioned above, ad will be showed based on the context of the page.
- High revenue: Quality of ads are high, and various optimization techniques will help you to make huge money from your ad serving.
- Mobile Ads: One of the key feature of Media.net is mobile ads. This feature is currently in beta, but with the growing number of smart phone users, mobile ads is the future of advertising for publishers. Media.net mobile detection technology automatically detects mobile and smart phone browser, and serves mobile ads, which will help you to earn extra.
- Account manager: There are very few ad networks which offers dedicated account manager, and media.net is one of them. As soon as you get an approved media.net account, you will be assigned an account manager, and he will be helping with setup and getting started. None the less, if you are not one of those bloggers who like to optimize ads (color, text and others), your account manager will do this for you.
- Neat and clean reporting dashboard: Reporting dashboard is neat and easy to get accustomed with.
- One account & unlimited websites: If you have one approved account with media.net, you can use the same account to run advertisements on multiple websites. Though, you need to get approval for every website, which is easy with the help of site manager.
- Multiple ad unit size: You can create multiple ad unit size using Media.net ad management panel.
How to get started with Media.net?
Right now, Yahoo! Bing contextual ad network (Media.net) is an invitation based ad network. You can apply for an invite code here, by adding details about you and your website. If you have multiple blogs/website, you can apply for all of them under one account from the same page.
Soon one of their representative will evaluate your blog, and once you are approved, you will be assigned an account manager, and you will receive your login details via Email. To ensure the quality of ads, they do have program policies, and before applying for them, it’s a good idea to refer to it once. Once your application is approved, login to media.net dashboard, start creating ad units for your website and place the code. The process is simple, and if you have used any ad network like AdSense, Infolinks or any other, process is almost the same.
At the time of writing, they support payment via PayPal or wire-transfer. Minimum payout threshold is $100, and since I started using it couple of days back and have not reached minimum payout threshold, I will update the article with payout and other details after first payment.
Over all, after reading the reviews about media.net and the way the have evolved in last 1 year, I would suggest you to go ahead and sign up for a publisher account, and try out this new most promising Adsense alternative network. If you are an existing media.net publisher, I would love to hear your feedback and opinion about them.
If you are looking for more advertising networks for your blog, I recommend you to try Viglink at the same time. If you find this article interesting, consider sharing it on Facebook and Google plus.
Subscribe to Download WordPress Guide Worth $99