Who wouldn’t have heard of Bitcoin, the digital gold!
Bitcoin featured in every conversation a couple of months back when it hit a whopping $20000.
Anyway, this post is not about Bitcoin, but about the technology on which Bitcoin is built – Blockchain. In case you wish to learn more about Bitcoin, you can read about it in our earlier guide that we published in 2013.
The blockchain is the underlying technology that powers bitcoin, and it is said to be changing the way our data is stored. Just like the way the internet disrupted the whole ecosystem of the financial world, blockchain is supposed to have a much broader impact. Be it finance, supply chain, real estate, or any other industry.
The blockchain is supposed to remove, or at least minimize the middleman or centralized authority while increasing the trust and security of data. A lot of new projects are built on the blockchain, including some for bloggers and publishers, that you should know about and ride the wave before it’s too late.
At the time of writing this, I have two projects related to blockchain and cryptocurrencies on my radar.
- Brave browser: This is a popular browser among users who value their security and privacy. This browser is available on all the platform including Android and iOS. Brave works on a reward system which can be used by any website owner or YouTube creator to earn the BAT token. You can, later on, sell this BAT token for bitcoin or fiat money. In this tutorial, I’m sharing everything about how you can earn BAT token with your Web site YouTube or Twitch channel.
Brave Publisher Program: Everything You Need to Know
Brave offers a publisher program which is available for any website owner, YouTuber or Twitcher. The process of getting started with Brave attention token publisher program is fast and easy.
- Download Brave browser on your system
- All you need to do is register and create an account
- Claim your web property by verifying it
- Create an Uphold account
For those who use WordPress, can use their WordPress plugin for quick verification. Other platform users can take advantage of DNS-based verification. YouTube verification is as easy as a click.
The best part about this program is:
- You need to set up once and forget about it
- You can add multiple websites, Twitch channel and YouTube channel that you own
You will automatically earn BAT token when qualified users will browse your site on the Brave browser. You can see the current pricing of BAT token here.
This accumulated BAT token can be withdrawn to your Uphold account (A PayPal alternative for sending receiving payment). I have written more about the Uphold process in a later section of this detailed tutorial.
Overall, this is a setup and forget kind of system and something everyone with a website, YouTube channel or Twitch channel should use. I have earned 500+ BAT token which is worth $100.
Here is a screenshot; notice two things :
- Added my website to Brave Publisher program on- December 2016
- Earning until now: 526.80 BAT ($100+)
It took about a year and a half, but the key here is; after the initial setup, I never had to log in to my Brave publisher account.
Isn’t it cool to have multiple revenue sources, especially when you don’t have to do anything?
You can also increase this earning by recommending your readers to use Brave as their main web-browser. They are running a promo where they are offering $5 for every qualified user who installs and starts using the Brave browser on your recommendation. You can activate and grab this deal as well from your Brave publisher dashboard.
I believe by now you have enough details on how this works and rest of it you will be able to figure out once you start following this tutorial.
With this, let’s earn free money from our existing YouTube channel, websites or Twitch channel.
The Complete Guide to Setup Brave Publisher account & Earn BAT Crypto Token
Here is how to get started.
- Head over to Brave publisher page and create an account
- With a single account, you can add and manage your multiple websites, Twitch channel and YouTube channel
Let’s get started by adding a site. For this tutorial, I’m adding my Technology blog ShoutMeTech.
Select the kind of platform you wish to add.
Enter domain info:
Depending upon the platform you use:
- You can verify using DNS record.
- If you use WordPress, you can authenticate using Brave payments verification plugin.
Since I use the WordPress platform, I used their WordPress plugin for verification. Here are the steps I followed:
- Install the Brave payment WordPress plugin.
- Copy paste the verification code in the plugin settings.
- Clear your WordPress cache and also Cloudflare cache (if you use Cloudflare).
- Click on verify on the Brave verification page and that’s it.
Your website will now be added to the Brave publisher panel, and you will earn BAT tokens when someone browses your site using the Brave browser.
How about YouTube?
Adding YouTube Channel to Brave Publisher program for making money
If you have a YouTube channel, follow these steps and you will be good to go.
- Head over to Brave basic attention token publisher dashboard and click on add channel.
- Select YouTube channel as an option.
- Give access to your Google account and select the YouTube channel.
Click on allow. Once done, whenever someone watches your YouTube channel on the Brave browser; you will start earning BAT tokens.
In case you have multiple YouTube channels or sites, repeat the process and add all your web properties.
Since it hardly takes a minute to get your website or YouTube channel verified, it’s completely worth it. The next step is crucial for you to claim your BAT token.
Connecting Uphold To Brave Publisher account: Important step
To withdraw all the crypto coins that you earn from the Brave publisher program, you need an Uphold account.
Just for reference, this is how the Uphold dashboard looks like:
Once your Uphold account is ready, head back to the Brave publisher dashboard; at the top, you will see the option to connect your Brave publisher account to Uphold. (As shown in the screenshot below).
Once your account is connected, you can configure deposit currency. In my case, I selected BTC (Bitcoin) as I would like to HODL bitcoins for a longer term as a store of value. (More on this in future articles).
Depending on the country you are in, you can select USD, INR, EUR or any other currency of your choice. You can also withdraw currencies directly to your bank account. Here is the list of countries that Uphold offers bank account funding and withdrawal.
If you are in a country which is not supported by Uphold, you can take advantage of Payoneer to withdraw funds. Payoneer is a global banking service that let you have virtual bank address for USA, Europe, China, Japan and a few more countries. In my case, I have configured Uphold using Payoneer.
For the record, here are the things that one can do with Uphold.
I practically like the point where you can transfer funds from one user to another. It could well be a PayPal alternative (if Uphold becomes popular in the days to come).
Overall, the process is down to these basic steps:
- Create a Brave Publisher account
- Add your website, twitch or YouTube channel
- Connect to Uphold to withdraw funds
Conclusion: Brave Publisher program is free money
Since this is a one-time plug and play sort of thing where you don’t need to do any optimization, or monitor the dashboard regularly, this is indeed free money for every blogger, website owner, YouTube channel owner, Twitter account and Twitcher.
With Brave’s popularity increasing, you can expect more earning with time. Also, if you have not started using the Brave browser, you should try it out now.
On my Android device, it’s my primary browser as it saves me from the trackers and increases privacy, especially when you are in the habit of clicking links from Twitter or similar social platform.
If you know of any YouTuber or Website owner, do share this article with them and let them know about this cool way to monetize their property. They will thank you and ShoutMeLoud for letting them know something beneficial.