|PayPal Alternatives||Key Features||Payment Methods|
|Payoneer||– Get paid in local receiving accounts|
– Request a payment
– Lower transactions fees
|– Credit card|
– ACH direct deposit
– Payoneer account
|Stripe||– Hosted payment page|
– Third-party integrations
– Flexible invoicing
– Multi-currency payouts
– Digital wallets
– Bank debits and transfers
– Authenticated bank debits
– Buy now, pay later, and more…
|Coingate||– Accept & manage 70+ Crypto|
– Multiple payout options
– Instant email billing solution
– Easy integration
|– 70+ cryptos supported|
|Wise||– Regulated around the world|
– Convert & hold multiple currencies
– Dedicated anti-fraud team
|– Online Banking|
– Debit/Credit card
– Apple Pay
– Google Pay
|Razorpay||– Payment Links, Pages, & Buttons|
– Easy Integrations
– Simple Pricing
|– 100+ Payment Methods|
|2Checkout||– Subscription Billing|
– 100 Display & Billing Currencies
– 200+ Countries and Territories
– Available in 30+ Languages
|– 45+ Payment Methods|
|Instamojo||– Payment Links & pages|
– Embed Payment Button
– Faster payouts
|– Credit & Debit Cards|
– Online Banking
– Payment Wallets
|Google Pay||– Send or receive money|
via email or phone number
– Easy Integration
– Fraud alerts
– Leading security
|– Credit & Debit Cards|
– Online Banking
– Google Play Balance
– Gift Cards
|Skrill||– Pay online by sharing bank details|
– Send Money with a Zero transfer fee
– Receive money from all over the world
– Loyalty Rewards to unlock VIP benefits
|– 100+ Payment Methods|
|Remitly||– Competitive Exchange rates|
– Multiple pay-in and pay-out options
– Zero transfer fees for $1,000+
|– Credit & Debit Cards|
– Prepaid cards
– Bank account (U.S, Canada)
– Passbook (U.S)
– Faster Payments (UK)
|Coinbase Commerce||– Accept Crypto payments within minutes|
– Easy conversions
– Receive payments Globally
– Custom checkouts & Invoicing
– Easy API & E-Comm integrations
|– BTC, ETH, USDC, USDT, APE,|
BCH, DAI, DOGE, LTC, SHIB
I have been a PayPal user for almost 12 years and love it. When I was starting online, I had no idea how to receive money from people outside of my own country, and PayPal made it so easy to receive money from these foreign country transactions.
In my homeland (India), due to PayPal and RBI disputes, I can no longer use PayPal the same as other users from countries like the U.S.A, the U.K., and Australia.
So I started digging around to find some of the best alternative sites to PayPal.
There are many sites that are similar to PayPal with more or fewer features. I will list some of the best money transfer sites which I have found while searching for an alternative method for receiving payments. If you know of any others, feel free to suggest them via the comments.
For a quick read, here is the list of services that are mentioned below:
- Payoneer (For receiving and sending payments)
- Stripe (Use as a payment gateway)
- Coingate (For Crypto payments)
- Wise (For sending and receiving payments)
- Razorpay (If you are targeting India, use this payment gateway)
- Google Pay
- Coinbase Commerce
Best Alternative sites to PayPal: 2023 Edition
These PayPal alternatives are idle for freelancers, bloggers, small business owners, and affiliates. I would love to know what tool you are using to send or receive payment from overseas.
So, let’s start with our grand list of best PayPal alternatives:
Payoneer is one of the oldest services for global payment, and now they are available in countries like India, Pakistan, and many more. Payoneer will let you receive money from the U.S, European countries, Japan, Australia, China, and a few other countries. The best part about Payoneer is the transaction fees are lower and because of this, you will end up saving a lot of money. Do visit Payoneer review to learn more about their offerings.
Signing up for Payoneer is free, and once you have done a transaction of $1000 using Payoneer, you will get a bonus of $25.
Here are a few more tutorials & guides for using Payoneer:
- How to receive Commission Junction payment using Payoneer
- How to Configure Amazon Affiliate account to receive commission using Payoneer
If you are looking for a PayPal alternative to accept payment on your online store, Stripe is the best option. It’s a USA based company & accepts applications from many countries in the world. If you are from a country that is not on the operation list of Stripe, you can take advantage of the Stripe Atlas program that let you incorporate a company in USA & also opens a bank account for you. I actually did all this to run ShoutMeLoud store & you can read about Stripe Atlas program here.
Stripe has integration with almost all the web stores, and e-commerce stores so you are more likely to find a plugin or a way to integrate Stripe with your web store or e-commerce site. You can use Stripe to accept one-time payments & even for accepting recurring payments.
Stipe accepts payment from all major debit/credit cards from 135+ countries, so you can truly go global with Stripe.
There are no setup fees or monthly fees. However, per transaction Stripe charges 2.9% + 30 cents. You can also accept payment in Bitcoins using the Stripe payment processor.
Coingate is a crypto alternative of PayPal that can be used for P2P payments and accepting online payments on your e-commerce store. Users can pay using stable coins, BTC, and over 20+ crypto assets. The integration is simple, which would let you add the “Pay with crypto” button to your e-commerce store.
Coingate offers one-click integration with almost all popular e-commerce solutions. Another thing that you as a store owner may like about Coingate is, that you can choose to keep the crypto you received as payment, or you can automatically convert that into fiat and receive the funds in your bank account.
Many of you might not know this popular money transfer website which was created by the people behind Skype & backed by Richard Branson. You might prefer Wise over PayPal because of their low transaction fees & currency conversion charges. That means you won’t lose money in currency conversion.
Watch the below video to understand how easy it is to send money using Wise (ex-TransferWise):
Wise supports various countries & currencies.
When you signup for Wise using the link below, your first transaction (up to £500) is completely free.
If your e-commerce store or SAAS tool offers its services in India, you should use Razorpay. In fact, Razorpay is a better alternative to Stripe and PayPal for collecting payments in India and in some cases internationally.
With a suite of great products and features, Razorpay is a great choice for international payments. India’s most-trusted payment gateway offers a plethora of local payment options with coverage of over 200 countries. If you’re an exporter or an Indian business that accepts international payments, this is why you need to use Razorpay.
- Lower transaction costs and fees: Razorpay charges only 3% on international transactions, which is among the lowest in the industry. Businesses can save up to 50% of their processing costs.
- Local payment methods: Customers worldwide can pay in their familiar, local payment methods. Razorpay offers payment options like Trustly, POLi, Giropay, and Sofort. You will never lose a customer because you didn’t offer a method he was familiar with in his country.
- International bank transfer: Accept payments via all international bank transfer systems like ACH (USA), SEPA (Europe), SWIFT, and CHAPS (UK) and avail of the widest card coverage
- Wide currency coverage: Customers from 200+ countries can pay in their local currencies while you accept payments in rupees (or your preferred currency)
- Digital FIRC: No more struggling for manual FIRC by running from pillar to post. Razorpay offers digital FIRC that can be procured at a button. There is no need to wait for 45-60 days to procure FIRC certificates manually.
- Best-in-class success rates: Our transaction success rate on international cards is over 70%, which is great for businesses.
Many of my online partners have resorted to 2CO for all their online money needs. 2CO has a lot of positive reviews and is considered a great alternative to PayPal. Here at the ShoutMeLoud download store, 2CheckOut is used to collect payments from all over the world.
The only downside of 2CheckOut is the high transaction & transfer fees. If you use 2CheckOut, I would suggest keeping your payment release level high so that you save on money transfer fees.
Getting on board with 2CheckOut is easy & their support is pretty awesome.
Supported currencies for FOREX:
US Dollars, Argentina Peso, Australian Dollars, Brazilian Real, Canadian Dollars, Danish Kroner, Euro, GBP-Sterlings, Hong Kong Dollars, Indian Rupee, Japanese Yen, Mexican Peso, New Zealand Dollars, Norwegian Kroner, South African, Rand, Swedish Kroner, Swiss Francs
Instamojo is the PayPal equivalent for Indian users. You can quickly send payment to other Instamojo users using @username or email address. Similarly, you can receive payment by giving your username to others. You can also set up an online store if you like and sell stuff like digital products or services. I have been using Instamojo for almost 2 years and it’s getting better day by day.
8. Google Pay
Google pay service is available for everyone to integrate Google pay with their existing website, e-commerce store, app, and more. Implementing Google pay is easy with any kind of website or service that you offer or you can use ready-made integration for services like Shopify, WooCommerce, Stripe, Square to name a few.
- Payment method: Credit card, debit card, Bank transfer, UPI
- Credit card fees: 2.9%
- Debit card & bank transfer fees: Zero
- Withdrawal time: 1-3 days
Personally, if you are looking for a long term PayPal alternative for your online store, Google pay should be an idle choice.
Skrill is a very popular alternative for PayPal & Payoneer because of their currency conversion rates (they are the best).
I have tried it myself a couple of times and MB transfers work great. They also offer a prepaid Mastercard that works in millions of shop worldwide. They also have an iPhone & Android app so you can make transactions from your mobile.
Remitly is another popular service to send money to India & Philippines. They are running great promotional offers & one of them is no charge on transfers over $1000. When sending money via credit or debit card, the transfer will happen automatically at the flat rate of $3.99.
You also have an option to send payment without any fees, but it will take 3 days.
I believe that when you are not in a hurry, free is good.
11. Coinbase Commerce
If your business is ok accepting Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or even stablecoins like USDC, you should use a Coinbase merchants account. This will help you to save a significant amount of money and the settlement is done quite fast.
Coinbase is a well-known crypto service provider from the USA, which launched Coinbase merchant service a while back.
Features of Coinbase merchants:
- No fees to accept cryptos
- USD coin – If you not accepting crypto due to volatility, you can accept payments in USD coin. It’s faster and pegged to real USD value.
- Global – No limitation of jurisdiction
- Webhooks for charges
- Hosted checkout buttons
Following integrations are available:
- Gravity forms
Withdrawing funds to your bank account can take up to 1-3 days. This service is not for everyone as it requires a little technical kn0w-how that could be easily learned. However, the advantage is really high if your clients are ok paying in cryptocurrencies. As a crypto PayPal alternative, this is worth checking out.
These are the top alternatives for PayPal. Frankly, compiling this list was a bit of a pain because all of the above-mentioned services have something unique about them.
Other services which are popular to send & receive money internationally:
I enjoy using Payoneer the most due to their credibility & great service for sending and receiving payments.
For collecting payments (payment gateway), you should look into Stripe or Razorpay.
Which service do you prefer as a PayPal alternative?
- PayPal vs. Payoneer: Which one helped me earn an extra $1,700/year?
- How I Opened A Bank Account In The USA From India: Stripe Atlas Experience
- Easy Digital Downloads Review: Best Way To Create Digital Download Store in WordPress