August was an awesome month for ShoutMeLoud in terms of changes and few achievements. I moved ShoutMeLoud from private VPS to WPEngine hosting, and already shared my experience of migration. Also, we won the best Indian blog award under blogging category.
In terms of revenue, it’s not same as last month income report, and as I mentioned earlier, in Affiliate marketing, revenue will always fluctuate, and I constantly need to explore new area of opportunities. Moving to managed WordPress hosting is a big move, and more over it increased my over all monthly expense by $200, which is worth looking at quality of hosting, and features I’m getting with WPEngine. This month I will be sharing income, traffic and best posts of last month.
Income report for August 2013:
In my last month income report many people asked me, what are the other affiliate programs that I’m using, and I have shared list of affiliate programs that I’m using. If you are starting with affiliate marketing, that list will help you to find some new and successful affiliate program for your blog. And, here is a complete breakdown of my monthly income report:
- Google AdSense: $353
- ShoutMydomain: $51.3
- ShareASale: $79.4
- Direct advertising: 1914.73
- Clickbank: 97.58
- WordPress Services: 82
- Viglink : $100
- Skimlinks: $24.88
- Dreamhost Affiliate program: $95.62
- Other Affiliate program : $3522.1
Total Income: $6320.61
Compare to last month this was a dip of $1000, and it’s normal into affiliate marketing. This month, I’m aiming to cross the next goal of $7500, and make it more consistent. Do remember, my monthly blogging expenses is around $600, and personal expenses are around $2000. So if I combine all, my total saving for the month of August 2013 was $3720,61.
Traffic report August 2013:
After moving to WpEngine, I made a mistake of adding back dates to posts, and it sinked my traffic for couple of days. If you are wondering, what I’m talking about; you should read my case study on effect of showing dates. Now, lets look at how was the traffic report for the month of August 2013:
- Monthly Visits: 135,718
- Monthly PV’s and bounce rate: 225,437 & 74.75%
Most of ShoutMeLoud traffic is organic (Google, Yahoo, Bing), followed by direct traffic, Facebook and referral traffic. One thing which I have learned over the time is; it’s not the quantity of traffic matters, it’s the quality of traffic which matters. More quality traffic you will get, you can make more money from your blog.
Best posts from August 2013:
Here are some of the hand-picked articles from the month of August 2013, which you should not miss:
- Guide for Home-makers who like to work from home: This is a productive tips post by Vijesh, where he shared some useful productive tips for anyone who works from home. I follow many of these tips, and if you are working from home, you should definitely follow his tips to become more productive.
- Best websites to create a Free blog: Srikanth compiled a list of platform which let you create your blog for free.
- How to tweak old content from your blog for mind-blogging results: Amal shared simple and effective tips which will give a new life to your old content. If you have an old blog with too many content, these tips will be very handy for you.
- Why bloggers share their income report and why you should too: I have noticed lots of buzz for and against sharing income report, and in this article I shared my view-point on why you should share yours, and why I shared my income report.
- The blogger story- Every blogger can relate to: This is not the typical post which I publish here at ShoutMeLoud. But, this article reminded me of my initial days of blogging, and recommended for everyone.
- WPRoller: This is a 3rd party web-app which will let you create custom WordPress installation package. Very useful for companies or freelancers, who deals with WordPress installation on regular basis.
- How to take control of what updates you see on Facebook: This post is must-read for everyone who is using Facebook.
- An easy strategy to make your content more sharable: Alan shared many useful tips which you should implement on your blog to make your content more sharable.
Make money online:
- How to earn from more Amazon by learning core selling concepts: If you are looking for some new ways to earn online, this post is for you. This article taught me something new about Amazon.
- How to promote affiliate program on your blog: This post will give you a detailed knowledge of how you can promote a product on your blog.
- Integrity desktop app to find broken links: After broken links stopped working on my old host, I started looking for an alternative. Integrity turns out to be best free SEO tool to find broken links on any website (Small and large).
- Tools to find long-tail keywords: A detailed post, where I shared some of the best free and paid tools to find long-tail Keywords.
Best of the web:
Here are some of the links which I have picked from the web, and find it worth to recommend and read:
- How living alone came to seem totally normal
- 700 new web-address are coming: What you need to know
- New fonts in AdSense
- The web-developers SEO Cheat-sheet
- 10000 hours and 20% of your work
- Simple and proven tips to increase your blog subscribers
- How to surround yourself with Successful people
- 4 Free & interactive sites to learn coding
- 10 things you can do today to make yourself happier (Backed by science)
Here is the video of the month, which will give you basic of Inbound marketing:
Also, a Google Page rank update was expected by the end of last month, but seems, this time Google is kind of slow on page rank update. Hopefully they will roll out an update this month. Do let me know how was your month of August 2013 in terms of revenue and traffic.