6 Brilliant Tips To Make You Blog like A Pro Blogger
Do you also want to blog like a well-known blogger? When we start blogging, most of us are amateur blogger. When I started blogging, I have no idea what I was building, I was blogging because it was fun and it was something I was enjoying. I’m sure that you are also one of those budding bloggers, who is trying your luck in the field of blogging to earn money or to make a name or just out of your passion. For what ever reason you are blogging, what important is how well you are doing. If you are spending 2 hours a day on your blog and results are not up to the mark, it’s time for you to re-think your strategy. If you are not motivated, you should read this blogger motivation guide, that will surely make you feel refresh and will help you to get your blogging mojo back.
What important in blogging is, keep learning something new; implement it and share it with others who are new to it. This article is motivation and practical tips for you to leave your amateur seat and blog like a pro-blogger. So without wasting anytime let’s see what you can do to make you blog like a professional blogger.
Why you should blog like a professional blogger?
One of the thing that you should always keep in mind while doing anything is to make most out of it. If you are just one of millions of mediocre blogger, it’s time for you to take action and move one or multiple steps ahead. Here I’m sharing tips that I learned in the tenure of 5 years of blogging and if you follow them, in next 30 days you will become a better blogger than what you are today.
Nothing is worse then taking an advice from a non-confident person, when you are blogging; sharing anything without being confident, you are surely losing more credibility than making. Always remember, “You can build the credibility by not losing it“. Think of the factor that make you trust a person, and when it comes to blogging it’s much easier because it’s not because of your physical presence, it’s your words that matters the most. Now, question is how you can become a confident blogger and how you can create an impression of the same.
- Your posts and writing style: Your writing is what makes all the difference. There is one tip that I always follow, and I imagine that you are sitting on an empty chair in-front of me, and I’m talking to you. If your blogging is more in a conversation way, you are more likely to leave a foot-print. Do notice the time I use “you” in this article, because this article is for you and you only. It’s just one person and that is “you” who is reading this article. Another thing to improve in your writing is using “I” instead of “we”, as people who are not so confident they use “We” to avoid taking responsibility for their work. If it’s one man show blog, why do you need to use “We” ? Open these articles in new tab: 10 tips to improve your writing skills and 11 effective tips to boost article writing skills.
- Your blog design: I’m sure you must have been to a restaurant and been a situation, when waiter impression is created by what he is wearing. I’m more likely to tip a waiter who is in uniform than the one who is not. When you are working online, it’s your design which is the suit and you are the waiter. If your blog design sucks and doesn’t leave a good impression, you are not likely to get a tip i.e: convert one-time visitor into subscriber. So get rid of all jumble-bumble from your blog, and have a neat and professional looking design which reflects you and your blog personality. Do remember, your blog design is the first point of content and first impression last forever.
- Come out of the closet: How many popular blogger you know of? Check out this awesome inforgraphic of Professional bloggers and ask how many of them you know of ? If you know even 2 or 3 of them, ask why and how do you know them? It’s because they didn’t hide in closet like you. All these successful bloggers put a face along with their name, and you can see that on their blog. Is int it easier to connect to a person rather than a brand?It’s high time for you to make some pro-active changes on your blog, and show who is the person behind that awesome blog, and mr. that’s you. Add an author box, add few details about you in your blog about page, add your profile in the blog sidebar. Make sure that you add a good-looking picture of yours and add a seductive bio. If not seductive, write a description about yourself in a way that people can relate and connect.
- Be honest and don’t doubt yourself: “Honesty is the best policy‘ and this is what we have been learned in our kindle garden, but with time we have experienced and we know that it’s hard to live by that rule. How many times in a day you lie about little things? When I calculated this about me, I realised that I lie for small-small things, which are not even intentional. We don’t lie because we want other’s to be happy and we don’t want them tone hurt. This is one of the biggest crime we commit to ourself. When we lie to please people, somewhere we are not listening to our inner-self, and soon we turn into people pleaser. Take this as a challenge, and for next 7 days try to be complete honest. Be honest with your offline and online life, and tell me how this changed your life. I started this as an experiment and within 7 days I started feeling the difference. Now, it’s been a month and apart from 2-3 instance when I lied, my life is not only changed but improved a lot. Not lying taught me how to say “No” and my confidence level is going up ever since. Once you do this, it will have positive impact in your writing and on your online presence. Do read, how being complete honest for 7 days changed my life.
Become an Authority blogger:
It doesn’t matter how good your opinion is, until you are not establishing yourself as an authority or your blog as an authoritative blog, no body is going to believe you. Now the question is how can you become an authoritative blogger? Funny thing here is, you already know the answer and it’s very easy. If you have already made changes suggested in above point (Confidence), you are more likely to become an authoritative blogger.
Now, it’s time to leverage the power of social-media and establish yourself as an authoritative person in your niche. Let’s start with fixing your social-media presence, and start by updating your social-media profile details. Ensure that your social-media profile is like your resume and reflects your personality. Use same profile image everywhere (Twitter, Fb, G+, Gravatar, etc…) to stand out and make it easier for people to recall you.
Always share your opinion about the burning topics in your niche or hot topics around the globe. Yes, your opinion might not be as good as an industry expert, but it will still be better than many of the people who are following you. If you star doubting yourself at any moment, check out this amazing video on “If you think your idea is stupid, you are an idiot“!
Put others before you:
One of the most common attribute of a successful person is, they give credits to people for their work. Where as a shallow person will either never talk about others work & never share it with others. If you are still one of those who are not so vocal and doesn’t give credits to people for their work, you are standing on the other side of the fence. Like I said above come out of the closet, and share your liking with others. Don’t thrive for likes or comment, rather share or give credit to anyone you think they deserve.
Don’t just create relation, get into inner circle:
You must have heard a lot about “Networking is the key to success” and it’s important to build a strong network of people around you. Guess what, this is one of the most-important thing to do in every aspect of your life ( Online or offline). What make a difference is becoming a part of someone inner-circle. Many of you might be reading a lot about successful people and have them on your social-media profile, but you are not a part of their inner-circle. You are just one of those thousand people they are be-friended on Facebook or met in one of those blogging events. Your goal is to become a part of their inner-circle and become a companion where they want you to be around. This will happen when you lose that “Im a blogger” attitude and work on building a meaningful connection.
Smart work rather than hard work :
No matter in what niche you are doing business, it’s smart work which will take you to the places. Yes, working hard is important but working smart is more important than working hard. If you spending every day 2 hours for writing blog posts and not working on promoting it, you will be the same person even after an year or two. Yes, your blog would grow and you will get more traffic and make more money, but you are still slower than rest of the crowd.
There are people who just started online and making million of dollars because of their smart-work & ideas. Let me not confuse you between idea and smart work, as both are closely related. Without a good idea, no work will give you a better result. When it comes to working smart, all I could suggest is pick the right set of blogging tools, understand the value of time and work on time-management to become more productive. Maintain a perfect balance between your social and personal life, because if you want to succeed, you have to be a happy person and that will happen when you are satisfied with your life in 360* (In all the aspect of life).
Value your time and have a team
If you are a regular reader of ShoutMeLoud, I’m sure you have heard me saying “Time is money“, and I will keep repeating it till the time you mail me and tell me “Yes Harsh, I believe that time is money!”. You might be having 30-40 great ideas, but alone it will take a lot of time to execute them. When you have a team of people working, you are more likely to get all the ideas turning into reality. Here is a practical example: I had this idea of creating an infographic for Indian bloggers, and couldn’t do it because collecting data was a time-consuming process. Sharat joined my team 3 months back, and he is the guy who gets all the credit for making this infographic live. And not to miss designer Abha Jain who designed it. Because of a helping hand I’m keeping all of my other blogs active and finding more time for myself. The thing is, you have to upgrade your role from a blogger to infopreneur and then a solopreneur. This will only happen when you have a team, and you start delegating work to others.
If you are someone who live in a remote place (Yah internet is everywhere), all you need to do is create a virtual team of your own. You should check out these two articles from Srikanth, where he shared everything you need to know about virtual assistance.
- How virtual assistant works : FAQ and everything you need to know
- 5 places where people find Virtual assistant jobs (Use these places to hire one for yourself)
Take away here is, leave the conventional way of working and work like an internetpreneur. When you are working online, you are Mr. limitless and you can achieve everything.
I have shared all the important points which will help you to grow bigger and achieve more than what you getting right now. If you have read this article word by word, make sure you pick those points which you believe will improve your blogging career and make you blog like other pro-bloggers.
Do let me know which of these tips you will be working on, and how you planning to start? If you need help with any of these points, feel free to ask me via comment. If you find this article useful, do consider sharing it on Facebook and Google plus for others.
Not Blessed by Google, Still getting 150k Monthly Visitors on my Blog.
Around 8 years ago, I was doing some research for my monthly college assignment, sitting in an Internet cafe working…
Are You Poor Or living in Poverty? This Story Will Make You Smile & Motivate
This story is part of our Life-hacks series and this particular answer from Amit Banerjee on Quora caught my eyes and I couldn’t stop…
Blogging As Career Option in India [Video Discussion]
5 years back when I started blogging, it was not a well-known profession and blogging was at it’s prime stage…
How A Blogger Should Moderate Blog Comments
In the past, me along with many other shouters have shared various guide to use commenting as a blog marketing…