Listen audio version
SEO is an essential aspect of blogging, and you need to be careful while planning and applying SEO tactics to your blog.
Though there isn’t any fixed methodology for SEO, there are a few factors which inevitably impact good search engine ranking. Getting organic traffic for your blog is crucial. Thus, all bloggers must take care of SEO strategies while blogging.
SEO is a vast topic, and if you are doing SEO for a new website or SEO audit of a website, it’s vital to maintain an SEO checklist, so that you can quickly see how well your site is optimized.
Because maintaining a list can be tough, I’m creating this list which will help you check your site’s SEO requirements.
ShoutMeLoud has covered all practical and easy tips for all important factors which affect your search engine rankings.
We provide only those SEO tips that can be use by beginners as well as professionals.
Here is the SEO checklist for 2021.
2021 SEO checklist
You should start from here: On page SEO checklist for 2021
This SEO checklist includes some things which you should know, and some software you should be using among other things. I tried to cover as much as I could, but feel free to suggest if you have any more tips to add.
There are many new factors which were implemented in 2021. I will include them too so that your site is ready to compete with other sites SEO in the coming years as well.
SEO Basics checklist:
- Install Yoast SEO plugin
- Create a Sitemap
- Submit your website & Sitemap to Google search console
- Submit your website to Bing webmaster tools
- Integrate Google Analytics with your website
Keyword Research checklist:
Keyword research is the pillar of SEO.
One of the important aspects is making sure you are targeting keyword with every post/page and also monitoring their performance. There are many easy to use keyword research tools like SEMRUSH, KWFinder, which will let you track keyword rank of multiple keywords.
Here are some useful resources regarding Keywords.
- Importance of Keywords in SEO
- How to perform Keyword research
- Keywords in Title Tag/URL/Descriptions/ Headers
- Use Headline Analyzers to create clickable headlines (Ensure to add a keyword in your title)
- Find long tail keywords
- Optimize your content for focus keywords
- Use SEO Writing assistant to write better content
- Fix spelling, and grammar error using Grammarly
- Follow On-Page SEO guide
- Set Redirections
- Ping Services
- How to submit your blog sitemap to Bing
- Submit your website to Google search console
- How to handle 404 pages for SEO
- Submit your website to these places for backlink
2021 SEO Checklist:
- Your pages loading time
- Check Page Layout Algo
- Outbound link
- Responsive design (Making your website optimize for desktop, tablets and mobile)
- Add social media sharing buttons for social signals (Use SocialSnap)
- SEO by Yoast WordPress plugin
- Image optimization ( Web-ready & faster loading)
- Implement free CDN using Cloudflare
Above are a few items on the SEO checklist which must be followed by all the bloggers, and content creators.
There are a lot of other factors which you will find online but I have covered the ones which are important for SEO and if done properly can be immensely useful to bloggers.
There are no shortcuts like hidden text or keyword stuffing for getting good search engine rankings, so I would recommend avoiding the unethical ways of getting good rankings.
Do share your SEO checklist for achieving good search engine rankings for your blogs.
- The Importance of Keywords in SEO: A Beginner’s Guide
- 11+ best free SEO tools of 2021
- 5 Excellent Websites for Checking Google Keyword Rankings
Subscribe on YouTube