A few days back, my blogger friend, Abhishek, asked me a question:
“I just learned that you are an active commenter on many blogs. Your comments easily cross 100s within a week. Can you please tell me if there is any profit from commenting like traffic or relationship or SEO or anything else? Or do you comment out of your interest?”
Abhishek answered his own question in part by mentioning several important points related to the benefits of commenting.
To answer his question in detail, instead of replying only to him, I thought it would be best to write a detailed post on the importance of commenting for all bloggers and social media activists.
This is the most important reason to consistently comment on other blogs. If you find yourself complaining that your site is not getting enough traffic from search engines, it may be because your site does not have enough authority with those search engines.
When you comment on blogs, it helps create backlinks, which in turn generates traffic. Most of these links are no-follow links and thus, carry little value; however, the process is still helpful.
For newer blogs, commenting will help in the faster indexing of your blog.
Read more on backlinks:
- What Is A Backlink And How Do I Get Them?
- 7 Ways To Get Quality Backlinks
- 7 Link Building Mistakes To Avoid While Building Backlinks
Commenting helps drive traffic to your blog (because of the backlink).
However, it is important to post a valuable comment.
Take advantage of threaded WordPress comments. For example, reply to any question asked on any post, whether it is your own blog or someone else’s blog. Anything that adds value will be appreciated by everyone.
Generic comments like “Thanks..nice post!” will do nothing for your blog or your brand.
- As always, value is key.
In order to take maximum advantage of commenting, follow these simple rules:
- Try to be the first to comment.
- Write detailed comments that are informative and valuable to the discussion.
- Make sure you have an image associated with your email address.
- You can use Gravatar.com for assistance.
Commenting with your keyword as a name has a great advantage in terms of SEO, though many bloggers (including me) will see it as a spam and not accept such comments.
But if you comment without self- promotion, and add value to the post, your comments will be gratefully accepted.
Search Engine Optimization
We have long discussed the importance of SEO for bloggers. Comments can further assist you in optimizing your blog for search engines and take your blog to the next level.
By giving quality comments, you will be performing great offsite SEO, increasing your chances of building high-quality backlinks.
- Comment using your keyword as a name (might trigger spam).
- Comment on blogs with do-follow comment policies.
- Comment on blogs using the Top Commentator widget.
Once again, I cannot stress strongly enough that you need to add comments which add value and meaning to the original post.
Commenting is the best way to personally connect with any blogger.
While it can take time to create meaningful connections, once you are regularly commenting, you will be noticed by the site’s administrator and your co-bloggers.
The development of these connections can prove to be very helpful to you in the long term.
Commenting is a must for any blogger, and it will reward you in the form of:
- Search Engine Optimization
If you’re wondering why you are not getting high volumes of traffic to your blog despite your high-quality content, give commenting a try and you will see the benefits in real time.
Check out these other articles for more on how commenting can help you:
- How Commenting Can Help You Get 1000+ Feed Subscribers In A Few Days
- How To Integrate DISQUS Commenting System on WordPress
- 5 Blog Commenting Etiquette Tips Every Blogger Should Know
- Comment Fast with Easy Comment Firefox Addon
- What Is Link Building and What Are The Benefits Of Link Building?
So leave a comment and let me know what you think… but make sure it’s useful to the discussion!!
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!