Facebook has always been one of the top free tool for internet marketers and brand managers to drive traffic, and to create brand awareness. From a blogger POV, it’s one of the easiest way to connect & engage with your readers. For ShoutMeLoud, I use Facebook as major social media channel to connect with other Shouters, and to help me with this, I use various Facebook tools and apps. Earlier I reviewed PostRocket app, which seems to be very promising to automate Facebook pages, and today I will be reviewing PostPlanner app for Facebook, which I found better than PostRocket and give more value for money.
The reason I switched from PostRocket to PostPlanner for three simple reasons:
- Money: PostRocket is costlier than Post Planner, and specially for those who are managing multiple pages, PostPlanner perfectly fits your budget.
- Features: PostPlanner is packed with tons of features, and it will definitely be a real time-saver for everyone.
- Use it directly from Facebook: PostPlanner app interface is accessible directly from Facebook. So you don’t need to login to any 3rd party website, and it’s again a time saver.
Now, lets go ahead and look what makes Post Planner my new Facebook management app:
Post Planner App: Facebook automation and marketing tool
Postplanner is a Facebook app which helps page, group admins to automate their Facebook property. There are tons of features which will help you to make most out of your Facebook marketing effort. Before, I will explain some of the notable features in detail, lets look at detailed feature list of PostPlanner Facebook app:
- Post queue: You set a time for posting, and add status updates in the queue. With 2 hours of work, you can easily automate month work on your Facebook pages.
- Targeting: This is one notable feature of this app. Apart from queuing your post, you can also set target audience for your post. For example, you can target country specific audience while scheduling or queuing your post.
- Post link as image: Images work much better than direct links on Facebook, and with one click you can publish post link as image. This will not only increase the visibility of your link, you will also get more CTR.
- RSS feed automation: You can automate the publishing from RSS feed. This is handy, but somehow I prefer manual posting than auto-posting. A good idea is to link feed with your pocket app feed, and use it to share best content.
- Status idea engine: Status idea engine will help you to post quick updates using PostPlanner status ideas. There are unlimited questions and status ideas, which can be use. The best part is, this will help you to increase engagement and get more likes. Perfect way to beat Facebook edgerank.
- Trending content: Using this feature, you can find top content on web based on any keyword. Very helpful to find and share readable content on your pages and group.
- Post to list: If you admin many pages or groups, and want to share same content on all of them. You can take help of list feature of this app. Simply create different list, and share same content on all of them. Also, you can manually share the same content on multiple pages or group. You can also post to the groups that you have joined.
These are just few of many features this app offers, and now let me explain some of the features with the help of screenshots.
Facebook Status ideas engine:
One of the major problem with Facebook page these days is engagement (Facebook edge rank). To ensure that your status update is seen by everyone, you need to come up with compelling status updates, which encourage user interaction in the form of likes and comments. Post planner status ideas is an answer to this problem, and created with the mindset of beating the Facebook edge rank algorithm. You can select from vast pool of status ideas for your pages, groups.
Auto Publish RSS Feeds:
When you are running a content blog, where you publish 5+ posts a day, auto publishing is your best bet for saving time, and you can achieve this easily with Post planner. Post planner will let you auto publish blog RSS feeds to your pages or groups. The set-up part is straight forward, and all you need to do is select the page or group, add Feed URL, and you are done.
To create a niche expert and brand on Facebook, a good idea is to share best of the content from other blogs on your pages too. Content engine will help you discover new and top content based on any keyword, which you can share/queue with one click. The best part is, your searched keyword will be saved, and you can use it anytime to find new content.
Time Zone specific update:
Post Planner brings out the most common problem with Facebook status update and that is time-zone difference. For example: If I have to publish Good morning message on my Facebook page, I will be posting at 8 A.M. IST, but for many other countries apart from India, it will be evening or mid-noon. This kills the level of personalization, and your page become more country specific and not a global page. With Post planner auto time-zone conversion, when you schedule an update for 8 A.M., it will be posted at 8 A.M. local time for India, and 8 A.M. local time for U.S. You can get detailed information about this here.
When you start using Post planner, there are few things which you would like to set from Post Planner settings:
- Default page: Choose a default page for posting. You can change it to any other page at any point of time.
- Queue time: You can set time for queuing your post, this will help you to avoid setting time manually when you scheduling a post. It will be same as buffering your post on Facebook.
- Make a list: If you manage multiple pages and groups, this feature will make your Facebook automation more fun and easy.
Is Post Planner worth your money:
When ever I recommend a paid app, my first question is: Is it worth my money and time? And is it worth recommending to ShoutMeLoud readers?
Post Planner is definitely worth your attention, time and money, and that’s why it’s reviewed here. One of the best part about this app is: It’s awesome support and handy user guide with screenshots to help you get started. Post planner starts at $19/month which will let you manage all your pages & groups. For advance features like Viral tending topics, queue posts, you can avail GURU plan which comes with $29/month price tag. Social media marketing companies can avail agency plan which comes with multi-branding option. You can check out all the plans and features here.
You can also try their pro app for free by clicking below button.
For bloggers with 1-2 page, you can try their free version, and for those who take Facebook pages and groups as serious marketing tool, GURU plan is recommended. How many of you are using Post Planner app? What are the features you like about it? Do share your views and feedback. If you find this review useful, do consider sharing it on Facebook and Google plus.