WordPress is one of the most popular self hosted blogging platform. Getting started with WordPress is quite easy, and the very first step is to install WordPress on your hosting account. Most of the shared hosting for WordPress offers quick script to install WordPress, and you don’t have to take maual route to create your WordPress blog. Here I will be sharing a complete guide which you need to launch your own blog on your hosting.
Selecting a Webhosting is not as easy as it sounds. Specially when there are hundred of hosting options are available. Based on my personal experience with various Web-hosting, I recommend Hostgator to be an idle host for your WordPress blog. If you are new to Hostgator, I would suggest you to read Hostgator review or you can also grab Hostgator discount coupon.
In case if you don’t have hostgator webhosting yet, you can buy and use coupon code SHOUTMELOUD25 to get 25% off on your total bill: Sign up Link
Step by step guide to install WordPress on Hostagtor:
Hostagtor offers various ways by which you can install WordPress on their server.
- Quick Install
Login to your Hostgator web panel. Under services/Software click on Fantastico.Installing WordPress on Hostgator using Fantastico
On the next page, left side click on WordPress under Blogs category.
On the next page , click on New installationFantastico New WordPress Installation
Select the domain on which you want to install wordpress. Here you can decide where you want to install wordpress. Either at the root of the directory or under sub domain. For example :
- Root Directory : http://www.shoutmeloud.com
- Sub directory : http://www.shoutmeloud.com/blog
So if you want to install WordPress on root domain, i.e: ShoutMeLoud.com, you should follow the straight forward method as shown below:
Setting up WordPress Installation under Fantastico:
You also need to mention your blog username and password. Which you will be using to access to admin panel. Base configuration settings can be altered later without any problem. but do add admin email address.
Before hitting the magic button Install WordPress, Cross check if you have done everything right. Else rolling back things will consume time.
On the next page, it will show you information about database which it is going to use. So copy and paste your database and mysql username and keep it handy for future use.
Click on Finish Installation to complete the process. On the next page you will get the confirmation about the wordpress install. And you can go to your admin area by adding wp-admin suffix to your domain name.
Make sure you add your email here. So that an information about the installation will be send to your Email blog.
What Next ?
Since you have understood the installation of WordPress. It’s time for now to configure your wordpress blog. Head over to following tutorial and link to theme resource and plugins which will help you to configure your wordpress blog.
Essential WordPress tutorials After Installing WP
- How to Install WordPress Theme
- How to Install WordPress Plugins
- 8 Essential setting after installing wordpress
- How to submit your blog sitemap to Google webmaster tool
- How to submit your blog sitemap to Bing
- How to add Google analytic to your blog
- How to burn feed using Feed burner
- How to Install WordPress plugin from dashboard
WordPress Theme resource
- Thesis WordPress Theme review
- Woo Themes wordpress Theme club
- Elegent theme WordPress theme club
- 10 Premium WordPress Theme Club
Essential WordPress plugins
- Google XML sitemap : WordPress essential plugin
- WordPress contact form plugin
- Subscribe to comment wordpress plugin
- Meta robots : WordPress SEO plugin
- No self ping wordpress plugin
- Related post wordpress plugin
- SEO friendly image wordpress plugin
If you face any issue regarding WordPress installation on Hostgator, feel free to let us know via comments. If you find this post useful, don’t forget to subscribe to our Email newsletter for more such WordPress tutorials and updates.
Subscribe to Download WordPress Guide Worth $99