If you have been working online for long and into Website flipping, Flippa is one name that you must have heard of. Flippa is a Website and domain flipping website. In simple word you can Sell website and buy website from Flippa. Infact, flipping website have become a lucrative business, where you create a nice or brand site for couple of months and then you sale it at high price. Though, in this post I will not cover how to create profitable sites on Flippa (may be some one else can write a guest post on that) but we will be looking into how we can sell website using Flippa.
Selling your Blog is one detailed task for which you need a marketplace where Buyers and Sellers meet. Flippa is one such Website providing a great market place for both Buyers and Sellers. Many Bloggers who either quit blogging due to personal or professional reasons usually use Flippa to sell their site.. There have been various success stories about people making great income by flipping (Selling) their site via Flippa.
But for that you have to present your Blog to buyers in the right way by which they can get a brief Idea about your blog and its other Statistics
Beginners guide to sell Website on Flippa :
1. Sign up with a valid Email Account and the one which you check regularly as most of the communication is done via Emails.
2. Fill in the correct information in your Profile and upload a Genuine profile picture as it makes a Good impression on the Buyer and make him believes that he is dealing with a genuine seller.
3. Do verify yourself as it adds credibility and more value to your account.
4. After listing your website or domain for sale its time for the description, people tend to write long description but that’s not what it should be like. Description should be short and simple which does not bores the Buyer and gives the buyer a brief idea of your Blog or Website or domain.
- Description should consist the following 5 headlines
- Website introduction
- Seller introduction
- Features of your Blog/Website/Domain
- What the Buyer Will get
- What will be your and Buyers role after a Successful auction process is completed
5. Provide at least 3 to 5 Traffic reports covering different aspects such as Pageviews, unique Visitors, Traffic sources, MapOverlay Details etc. By this you will be able to create and gain confidence with the Buyer. Don’t flood traffic reports as it will rather confuse the Buyer.
6. Provide Genuine Revenue figures as it can influence buyers decision and if you provide with fake or inflated Figures it can create problems in the Sale Process afterwards if Buyer Discovers the same.
7. Now the most Important part is to Set Flippa bidding options.
- Set the Reserve price after evaluating it properly.
- Set it to the price for which you can afford to sell your online property
- -Set a Correct and reasonable Buy it now price (BIN)
From my experience it should be at least 3 times of the reserve price, as to encourage the Bidding process. Keep the starting Bid price as low you can to encourage more users to Bid.
8. After your listing Goes live interested buyers will bid on your listing. You will be very excited at this time but wait do not accept bids without researching about the user who has submitted it.
From my experience let some bids accumulate and then approve them one by one as it will create some excitement around and can bring you in the most active Listings.
9. Do reply to Comments and Private messages, the more you interact with interested buyers the more price you will get.
10. After the Auction is successfully finished do research about the user who has won the Bid and his history of transaction so you can take proper measure before you initiate Blog/Website/Domain transfer and receive payments.
Though these are basic tips but they are good enough for newbie’s to sell website or blog and make some handsome money via flipping. I hope all this tips help you to list and Sell your online property on flippa with Great success.
Subscribe to Download WordPress Guide Worth $99