Animated intro videos work great for online video advertising & you already know how popular these kind of videos are on social media sites. None the less, they help your target customer to learn & understand about your product without getting bored.
I managed to find a local video production house which was charging close to $1000 for sketching the video storyboard and for final video production. We worked for almost six days on the iteration of our product storyline, and later we handed the storyline over to the video production team.
Now, not everyone can afford $1000 for a video, (and this is the lowest price we could find). A reputable company will charge as much as $5000 for creating these types of videos, and any start-up or small business company will likely be unable to put this much money into video production, especially since they also need to spend additional money marketing the video.
Enter MakeWebVideo, which recently caught my eye as a great solution for creating animated story-telling videos on a budget.
In this article, we will look at how MakeWebVideo works, and how you can make animated intro videos for your product using this DIY tool.
MakeWebVideo features and how it works:
Let me start by sharing the most important features of the MakeWebVideo service, and explain how it works.
MakeWebVideo lets you create free explanatory videos for your product or service using their free pre-defined video templates. All you need to do is select any video (they offer a variety of free templates), and you can edit the text, graphics and music to suit your taste and needs. The best part is that you don’t need any advanced editing skills. Anyone (yes, anyone!) can make a good video using this tool. I will demonstrate this in the next section, but first, let’s have a quick look at the notable features of this service.
- Free to join and you can create videos for free. Only when you are satisfied with the video to the extent that you wish to buy it do you pay for the final product. With prices as low as $88, you can create attractive and interesting videos for your service or product.
- Select a template from a wide range of video templates provided (whiteboard video templates, story-telling templates, demo product templates).
- No technical skills required to make the videos.
- You can choose your graphics, text, and even music.
- There is no limit for editing your preview video, and you pay only when you are satisfied with the video and are ready to download it.
- You can use MakeWebVideo to host your video as well. Just copy the video embed code, and use it to display the video on your webpage.
Overall, MakeWebVideo is a power-packed web service for small businesses and individuals, with all the features you need to make animation videos for the promotion of your product or service, and you can create a video within less than 90 minutes.
How to make an animated video for your product:
I contacted the MakeWebVideo team for a review account, and to my surprise, their CEO (Mario Gomes Cavalcanti) replied within 30 minutes offering me $99 to try out their service.
Let me show you how you can create a video for your product or service using their self-service platform.
One of the best parts of this service is the fact that even if you are not ready to spend money on a video, you can spend a little time grabbing a template, editing it according to your needs, and checking out your creative abilities. This also allows you to see (with zero financial investment) what kind of videos you can create using this service.
If you create something that might help boost your sales, you can pay later to download your video. Otherwise, simply use it as a tool for learning while not paying anything to have done so!
- Head over to the MakeWebVideo website and create a free account.
- Now select from any pre-defined video template. You can hover over the videos to play the videos, and select one which suits your needs.
- Click on “create free preview video”, and you will be taken to the video production studio. Don’t forget to check out the tutorial video at the bottom, which will make your work much easier.
- Now all you need to do is change the video text, graphics and audio. In most cases all you need to do is change the text and graphics at certain places to reflect your brand.
The whole process is very easy, and you will be able to produce a professional-looking web video in 75 minutes, (an additional 15 minutes or so is required for final touch-up and downloading if you want to purchase your video).
I have created a video for this review, but before you check out the video, here are a few helpful tips:
- Work on creating good copywriting for the video text. There are pre-defined templates, but you should use a normal notepad to write down your copy (the text for your video). If you are not a good copywriter, you can hire one online which will not cost a lot and will help you to create the perfect intro video for your product or service.
- Make sure to use the HQ images in proper size.
- Don’t rush into producing the video. Make sure to review and edit when necessary.
- You can hire someone online to do a voice-over for you that will make your video more catchy.
Here is the video I created. It took around 80 minutes for me to create the final video:
Overall, MakeWebVideo is an excellent solution for Entrepreneurs and small businesses wishing to create a professional-looking animated intro video for their product or service for the little cost. This is a recent start-up which I believe will be very beneficial to small business owners.
Let me know your thoughts about this video and about the web service used to create it. An alternative to MakeWebVideo is Powtoon which is also worth looking at.
And as always, feel free to share this post with your entrepreneurs and friends via Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Subscribe on YouTube
27 thoughts on “How To Create an Animated Intro Video in 90 Minutes: DIY”
Hey, Harsh !!
Thank You For Very Useful Information I Will Surely Try and Make Video From It…I Know People are Charing More Than 500$ to make Professional Introduction Video. Thank You once Again
Thank you,for sharing.
Actually i was in search of intro video maker. now i am using makewebvideo and it’s very nice.
Thank you so much for sharing ” Animated Intro Video creation tricks” through Makewebvideo. Is there any free web service also available for create these Animated video ?
After i read your cool post, i tried it myself and it took me approx 210 Minutes. I had fun though. I will definitely try again.
Well Nice Post, Really Video Ad is Next Technology in Ad System.
Youtube proved. People are earning more from vlog then blog.
” vlog “: nice word. its really a word or u just used it ?
Nice article with helpful information. Makewebvideo seems to be a must try.
Thank u for this awesome post.I was looking for how to do this stuff.
Thanks a lot
Its superb idea for creating animated video. I will thankful to you. Keep sharing new stuff.
Hey Harsh Thanks for such a great online video making tool for people like me who want to create a video for my brand but don’t have that much of budget on video, this product is very useful for me. also looking forward for next articles related to adv videos creating sites and tools.
Happy to help. You should also check out Powtoon which is great resource.
Wow, nice Animated Intro maker website review thanks for share 🙂 but I am also used flixpress 🙂
This is awesome tool to have your own explainer video like yours. Can we upload this video on youtube? Will it consider it unique or duplicate as all the dimensions and music is same for so many videos?
Thanks a lot!
Great, I have been searching for this from ages, Surely check out their service. Thanks for sharing. Harsh, you are a real life saver for bloggers in their early life :-). Keep updating us with more useful info.
Have a Great day.
Thanks for your kind words & let me how your experience with them.
Make web video has very good features and having many templates. Definitely, I will try this. Thank You Harsh, for this awesome post.
Please tell me if its a licensed version..If so how much it costs and contact info.
You can create your free account here: https://www.shoutmeloud.com/recommended/Makewebvideo/ & start creating your video. You need to pay only when you are satisfied with your creation & ready to download. Different templates have different pricing.
thanks for the idea. i will be thankful to you 🙂
The video is awesome and it sounds great. I use Active Presenter and Camtasia for my videos. Active Presenter is free, but, of course Camtasia there is a charge.
I found you on Gilbert’s blog on the 45 experts post. I just had to come and check you out. I have bookmarked your site and I will come back. I would love it if you were to visit me.
Thanks for all the info. It was very interesting. 🙂
Wonderful way to create animated intro video. I am going to give a try 🙂 Thanks for sharing 🙂
Not only me also one of my friend was looking for a website where we can create an intro video for our websites in a easy way.
You are always a continuous inspiration for me.
It feels like you wrote this post eespecially for me. Just kidding. I was really searching for a similar tool for sometime and you’ve found one for me.
That one sounds worthy. Thanks a lot 🙂
Proud to become a Shouter 🙂