I have been an avid user of Chrome for the past couple of years. Being a lightweight and fast browser, I believe this a very good choice for people wanting an alternative to Firefox (or for people who just want a great browsing experience).
If you also like using Chrome, you may find this list of Chrome SEO extensions useful. With these extensions, a blogger can install the extension and analyze the SEO value of any site or URL. This is very helpful, especially when you wish to check your (or another website’s) ranking.
In particular, to maintain your domain authority, you may want to check the rank of a website you are linking to. This will ensure that you are not linking to any bad neighborhoods.
Google Chrome is one of the best and most robust web browsers out there. But when it comes to practical use, many people (especially from the SEO world) hesitate to switch from Firefox to Chrome as they are comfortable using the Mozilla SEO extensions.
But Google Chrome also has some really goodextensions (plugins).
Here are the 12+ best SEO chrome addons.
Top Chrome SEO Extensions for SEO Professionals:
1. Mangools Chrome extension
If there is one SEO extension you need to find all information about a page, Mangools SEO extension is for you. This is free and works even better when you create a free account with them.
Here are a few reasons why you should install this addon:
- It shows you overall SEO metric
- It shows you the backlinks to the page
- You can analyze On page SEO (Actionable)
- It shows you the page speed
- It let you see all outbound links on a page and status code for the same
- Rank tracking feature
2. Detailed SEO extension
Details chrome SEO addon will let you check the SEO insight of any webpage. It is a quick SEO analysis extension, which will help you significant amount of time.
Another cool feature of this addon is to be able to see the page details on your favorite SEO tools such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, Similarweb, Majestic to name a few.
SEMRUSH is one of the top leaders in the SEO industry & no Chrome SEO add-ons list would be complete without SEOQuake Chrome addon. This is one of the well-maintained add-ons which let you get all important aspect of SEO.
SEOQuake comes with many configurable options & it works with or without SEMRUSH. However, if you have a SEMRUSH account, you can use it to fetch more data.
SEO Quake will give you some great SEO stats right from your search results. You can also find on page SEO, backlinks, social media share of any webpage.
I would personally like it if this addon also starts showing the social media stats for individual posts. This would help us in finding blog posts which get lots of social media love. But even without this function, it’s still a great plugin which gives you a quick overview of the sites you are looking at.
4. SEO Minion
This is all in one SEO Chrome extension which let you see the following data:
- Analyze on page SEO
- SERP preview tool
- Hrefland Checker
- Check status of links
- Google search location simulator
The last feature will let you compare the search query in two different locations of Google search.
For those who are into Global SEO, this feature is remarkable. By the way, you should start by watching the video below to understand more about SEO Minion:
This is a free extension and you can install on Chrome by clicking the link below.
5. Keyword Everywhere
This is a popular addon for those who need to know the data around a keyword. It let you see the keyword volume, CPC, Competition as you type the query in Google search. Along with it, you will also be able to see the related keywords and data associated with it.
What most interesting about Keyword everywhere free chrome addon is, it supports much more than Google search. Here are a list of websites that are supported by Keyword everywhere:
- Google Search
- Google trends
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google analytics
- Answer the public
- Moz open site explorer
To use this addon, you need an API key which is free. The process is simple and the below video shows you how to get it and also how to use Keyword everywhere addon:
Overall, this is a great free chrome SEO extension that you should try.
6. WooRank Addon:
WooRank is a popular web-service that offers one of the robust chrome addons to quickly audit any webpage that you are viewing. This chrome extension is full of feature which you can utilize to find a lot of things about any webpage.
For example, one of the less known features of WooRank Chrome addon is to find the technology being used on a web page. This is super useful when you want to know what all third-party scripts and addon’s page is using.
7. SEO Toolbar by Ahrefs
This is a free chrome extension by popular SEO suite called Ahrefs. This toolbar lets you see all important SEO metrics right from SERP’s. Here are some of the features of this Chrome SEO toolbar:
- Number of backlinks
- Number of referring domains
- Estimated organic search traffic
- Number of ranking keywords
- Check DR and UR (Ahrefs metrics)
- Keyword metric such as Searches, Keyword difficulty right in the SERP page.
If you are an SEO enthusiast, you can’t deny the importance of social media in search engine ranking.
Shareaholic is not directly an SEO extension, but indirectly, this is very useful for any blogger to increase their rank. This addon makes it easier for anyone to share their article on various social networking sites all at once. In short, this addon will make your workload quicker and easier.
Being bloggers/SEO people, we are used to sharing content via Twitter/Facebook in addition to bookmarking many things. If you are looking for a one-stop solution for your bookmarking and sharing needs, then “Shareaholic” is a great plugin for you.
You can customize your Shareaholic drop down box per your needs. If you love Twitter the most, then keep it up at the top. You can choose 100+ bookmarking options from their list.
Majestic is a well-established name in the SEO industry. They are popular for checking backlinks, and with Majestic chrome addon, you can check backlinks of any website with the single click. Do note; Majestic is a paid service so if you need to check links for webpages quickly, then you should get this popular chrome SEO addon.
10. Mozbar extension
Mozbar browser extension (Firefox, Chrome) come out as a clear winner with 56 votes. Mozbar is an exclusive product by Moz team, and it works with or without a Moz account. This toolbar quickly reveals important data about page that you are browsing, including domain authority, meta details, domain authority, Moz rank and so on. From a blogger perspective, this toolbar is very useful when you are finding reliable resources to link within a post, as with single click you can find the trust factor of that page.
CheckMylinks is a useful addon for link builders and content editors, as it will quickly let you check if a link on a page is working or not. With one click, you can quickly scan all the links of the page, and see how many broken links are there.
This is very useful for link-building, as you can notify admins about broken links, and ask them to replace it with working link ( Your link on the same topic).
Here is a detailed guide by Jon Copper, where he explained how you can use Check my links for link building. (Note: How quickly I spotted one important 404 links on my Blog homepage using this add-on).
12. Redirect path checker
A very simple and powerful chrome addon to check the HTTP header and flags up common HTTP status code like 301, 302, 404 and 500.
Just a simple SEO browser extension, but very handy while debugging situations like redirection issue.
13. Open SEO Stats (Currently not available)
This Chrome SEO addon is very powerful, detailed, and well-maintained.
It will help you get tons of SEO data from any webpage on the internet. This plugin gives some good data like social media stats about that webpage/website and in-depth SEO data like the number of backlinks and server details.
Runner-up List of Browser SEO Addons and Extensions:
- User Agent switcher: User-agent switcher addon will let you change the default user agent of your browser. Very handy to check cross-browser compatibility of any website.
- WooRank Chrome extension: WooRank is one of my favorite websites for getting SEO reports of any domain. This browser add-on will help you to analyze a domain, and let you see SEO tips to improve the SEO score of the page. This is very handy for a quick site SEO audit.
- SEOQuake : SEOQuake is another popular Browser addon among SEO experts. Though, most of us have now switched to Moz or other similar add-ons. Haven’t you?
- BuiltWithit: This addon will let you find technology behind any website. Very useful for active webmasters and SEO to analyze a competitor’s website.
- Nofollow: This addon will quickly let you check if a link on a page has the rel=nofollow tag on it or not.
- Vimium: This addon helps you to add keyboard navigation on your Chrome browser. You can also customize the keyword stroke for specific browser task.
- Boomerang for Gmail: This is a great addon for marketers and link-builders to fuel their Email outreach. With this, you can notify yourself if a person has not replied in “x” days. This way, you can keep track of your old out-reach, and will help you to send a reminder. This addon works with all popular browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari), and supports Gmail and Google Apps.
- Ghostery: Ghostery is a privacy protection tool to disable tracking script on any website, but at the same time it’s useful to find what tracking tools your competitor site is using.
- Bufferapp : Bufferapp got a good number of mentions in this SEO expert round-up. Bufferapp is a social-sharing addon that works with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinedIn.
- VidIQ Vision for Chrome: A useful add-on for video bloggers and video marketers, to find the great in-depth detail of any YouTube video SEO. Ex: What tags are being used, views details, social share and so on. Suggested by Ms. Ileane.
- Pocket browser addon: I consider pocket as one of my favorite reading and productive tool. When I’m online, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with a number of new articles I want to read, and with Pocket, I can quickly save those page for offline reading on my various devices such as iPhone, iPad and so on.
- Domain Hunter: I have never used it before, but from the video explanation this looks like a great addon for active webmasters.
I hope this list will help you be more active on Google Chrome. If you are using some more Chrome SEO extensions which I have not mentioned here, kindly share them with me via the comments.
Here are a few hand-picked articles for you to read next:
- How To Find Someone’s Social Media Profile With Their Email Address
- How To Find Non-HTTPS Contents Of Your Website Using The Google Canary Browser
- Get Social Share Count of any webpage for free With BuzzSumo Chrome Addon
Subscribe on YouTube