W3 total cache is one of the those plugin, which I always recommend everyone to install for faster loading of the site. Though, at times due to hosting compatibility issues or due to non-compatibility with other plugins, total cache act weird and it’s important to uninstall W3 total cache manually or automatically.
Earlier I have shared How to Install W3 Total Cache plugin which is said to be better cache plugin than Super cache plugin. Though sometime W3 total cache plugin contradicts with any of your current plugin and you might get weird issues like your individual pages will give 404 error or your blog might be redirected to Install.php.
Possible solution to this problem is uninstalling W3 total cache plugin and here I’m sharing a quick tutorial on how you can remove W3 total cache plugin manually.
To uninstall W3 total cache plugin, you need to follow following procedure:
- First delete all cache and deactivate the W3 total cache plugin.
- Delete W3 total Cache plugin from Wp-content/plugins folder
- Remove this line from Wp-config file (define(‘WP_CACHE’, true) )
- Delete advanced-cache.php, db.php, wp-total-cache-config.php and delete entire w3tc folder from wp-content folder.
- Check .htaccess file and if you see any code added by w3 total cache plugin, do remove it.
I hope this will help to resolve your problem. If you are not comfortable following above steps, get in touch via ShoutMeLoud WordPress Services page.
Do let us know which WordPress cache plugin are you using and which one would you recommend to others?
Subscribe on Youtube
Check your domain ranking