Are you aware that it’s more important for you to use LSI keywords than to follow a keyword density formula to rank higher in search engine searches?
In one of our previously published posts, we taught our readers about LSI keywords. An LSI keyword is known to be an important aspect of on-page SEO. It is a key element for ranking that cannot be ignored.
The biggest problem with LSI keywords is that there are not many tools available for researching LSI keywords related to your target keywords.
How to find LSI Keywords: 3 Best LSI Keyword Generators
1. Google Search
The easiest and most convenient method for doing this is by using a Google search. Whenever you search for any keyword in Google, it shows more searches related to similar keywords.
Here is one example from Google search:
When conducting such a search, you should take note of words printed in bold type within the search results to find LSI keywords. Here is one such result for the keywords “buy books online” which is not listed in the “searches related section”, but is listed within the general search results.
This is the easiest and most convenient way to find LSI keywords for your content.
Along with this idea, I would like to share with you some free software available online that will allow you to locate LSI keywords related to your target keyword.
2. Semrush SEO Tool
Semrush is perhaps the most popular SEO tool out there, and it offers a ton of features that let you optimise your content. They have a feature called “SEO Content template” which is very powerful to suggest you all the LSI keywords related to your target keywords.
Here is what this looks like:
I searched for LSI keywords for this article using Keywords “Find LSI Keywords”, and it suggested me following semantic related keywords (LSI keywords) to use:
Unlike other LSI keyword generator tools, this one scans the top 10 results for your target keyword and finds LSI search terms that you should be using in your article.
3. LSIGraph – free online LSI keyword generator:
LSIGraph is the latest free SEO tool on the market that allows you to generate Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) keywords. This is by far the simplest tool anyone can use, even with no SEO skills at all. All you need to do is add your target keyword, and it will generate the associated LSI keywords. I will share how to use LSI later in this article, but first let’s take a look at a screenshot of LSIGraph:
As you can see from the above screenshot, this tool suggested LSI keywords for my target keyword. My goal here is to use at least a few of these suggested keywords within my article.
Let me share how I use these generated keywords within my blog content:
How to use LSI keywords
LSI keywords and keyword density are two different things, but they are closely related. Here is how my use of this knowledge has helped me to get 85% of my monthly traffic from search engines:
The very first thing that you need to have with you is the keyword that you are trying to target with your content. You can use SEMRUSH or Google Keyword planner tool to find keywords. (I recommend SEMRUSH, as it makes it easier for people with little SEO knowledge to find keywords with very little effort).
- Write content naturally: When you are writing content, focus more on storytelling and writing naturally.
- Optimize content for keywords: Follow the on-page SEO checklist, and optimize your post for the target keyword.
- Add LSI keywords: Use LSIGraph or Google search to find a list of LSI Keyword for the target keyword. Place them wherever possible without diluting the natural flow of your content. You don’t have to add all of the generated LSI keywords – only those which go well with your article. At times you may also need to add 1-2 paragraphs in your article to add LSI keywords to the article.
- Use as image alt tag: One of your images should have an alt tag as a primary keyword. The rest of the images can have LSI keywords as alt tags, as long as they’re relevant.
- Don’t over-optimize: Since you know the to-do list, you should also be aware of what not to do. Don’t try to over-optimize your content for any keyword, as it will have a negative impact on your ranking. You can use a plugin like SEO Writing assistant to check the optimization of your content. If you can do it naturally, you don’t need a plugin to watch for and correct any over-optimization.
If you follow the above guide strategically and within the permissible limits, you are going to improve the ranking of your content. There are very few LSI keyword finder tools out there, and Semrush is one of the best I have seen. You might like to bookmark this tool for your quick reference.
How are you using LSI keywords in your content? Do you know of any other free or paid LSI keyword research tools? Feel free to share with us using the comments section below.
Meanwhile, here are some additional SEO tools that you should know about:
- Six excellent tools to find long tail keywords
- Best backlink checker tools
- Best keyword research tools you can use right now
Do spread the word about this awesome tool by sharing it with your blogger friends via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. They will thank you for making them aware of this excellent information!
Subscribe on YouTube