WordPress is not only a CMS (content management system) – it is also a means of earning a living for many people.
Many web-developers, bloggers, and freelancers are making a good living from their use of WordPress, by selling themes, plugins, services, or consultancy. And for those who are not into development, WordPress can also be used to earn money through product promotion.
What this means is that you can endorse someone’s product with your unique tracking link (affiliate link), and you will get a commission from the associated sales.
Read and learn: What is Affiliate Marketing & FAQ
Particularly if you are blogging on WordPress, you can easily recommend a premium product that you are using (most of the premium WordPress products have an affiliate program), and when a user buys the product based on your referral, you will make money.
This amount could be anywhere from $1-$500 per product.
In this post, I will be sharing some of the top affiliate programs for WordPress bloggers. Most of these affiliate programs are open to everyone, so you can join all of them and promote the ones that best suit your taste and style.
You can refer to my guide on how to promote affiliate products on your blog to get a better understanding of how you can promote these WordPress premium products.
Recommended WordPress Products for Affiliate Marketing:
WordPress affiliate products can be classified into one of the following categories:
- WordPress Premium Plugins
- WordPress Premium Themes
- WordPress Hosting
- WordPress Backup-Management Products
Before I share my list, here are a few things that you need to know:
- Get a PayPal account. Most of these affiliate programs offer payment via PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, get one now.
- If you are using any particular premium WordPress product and you don’t see the affiliate program overview in this list, simply Google “product name + affiliate program“, and you will find the details of the affiliate program for that product.
- Join all of them! Joining all of these affiliate programs is easy and free. I suggest you join all of them and get on their mailing lists. This way you will receive their latest coupon codes, promotional materials, and useful insights about their products. You may not be promoting all of the products, but the affiliate promotional information you will get from the emails will be very useful.
Let’s get on with our list! Here are some of the most popular WordPress affiliate programs which you can promote on your blog (and earn a handsome income).
WordPress Themes Affiliate Programs
Unlike in the past, there are currently tons of WordPress premium theme affiliate programs out there.
I have worked with a few of them for my WordPress theme blog and also for ShoutMeLoud. Based on my personal experience, I’m sharing the ones that I believe are the best.
Genesis is one of the top WordPress theme frameworks out there, and many bloggers swear by it.
Undoubtedly, with the unfortunate downfall of the Thesis theme, Genesis turned out to be the most popular theme framework. Unlike other theme networks, Genesis is priced on the higher side and is mostly used by professional bloggers or serious online businesses.
Genesis’s framework and skins are quite easy to promote, as the company has a great brand name in the market. With one quick (and smart) promotion, you can earn a significant amount of money.
- You will get 35% commission on every sale
- Two-Tier affiliate program
- The program is managed by ShareASale, and the payout is via bank transfer or ACH.
- 60-day cookies
In my opinion, Genesis is the best, but there are many more that you can join, including the:
WordPress Plugins Affiliate Programs
When it comes to premium WordPress plugins, the list is endless.
I have promoted a few in the past to earn a few thousand dollars, but there is not a single plugin that you can stick with for a long period. The WordPress premium plugins marketplace is very competitive, and every day a new or better product emerges.
So if you are trying to get into the plugins promotion niche, you need to be active in knowing which products are currently the best on the market and how they work.
- Tip: WordPress plugins have a limited time in the marketplace, and you need to sign-up individually for most of these products. A majority of these plugins are sold via ClickBank, which is easier to link to directly. You should search for these product affiliate programs manually, or try to find a high-selling plugin to promote in an affiliate marketplace.
Because of this, I’m going to list those marketplaces where you can find new, high-quality plugins to promote.
They have generous affiliate program where you can earn 55%/sale. Since they have many few themes as well, it would be easier for you to promote them & make money.
Elementor : Live Page builder Plugin
Elemntor Live page builder is one of the most popular free page builder plugin in the WordPress plugin repo. They also have a pro version that give access to pro-widget & cost only $49 for one site & top plan cost $199. They have an affiliate program which pays 50% on all sale. Since their WordPress plugin is so popular, it would be piece of cake to sale their pro version. A great chance for anyone to make 50% on the sale of Elementor plugin.
ClickBank is one of the most popular affiliate marketplaces out there and is a hub for affiliate marketers.
Joining ClickBank is easy, and once you have signed up, you will get your ClickBank username (for example: denharsh).
Most of the premium WordPress affiliate programs plugins are managed by ClickBank, and you need to get the hop link.
Here’s an example:
The InstaBuilder plugin affiliate program is managed by Clickbank (CB), and on their affiliate page you will see a link that looks like this:
Simply replace, “clickbankusername” with your username, and your affiliate link will look like this:
This will be the same for all of the themes and plugins managed by ClickBank.
JVZoo is yet another affiliate marketplace and is widely used by internet marketers.
You will find some fantastic WordPress products out there (plugins & themes) which you can easily promote. Most of these products are launched by internet marketers who know what we as bloggers require.
This makes their products very useful. Joining their program is easy and free.
- Payout via PayPal
- Lifetime cookies
GravityForms is one of the most recommended premium contact form plugins for WordPress.
This plugin has a feature pack, and due to a large number of tutorials, this plugin is marketed very well. You can easily promote this plugin on your blog posts, or via banner ads.
- Affiliate program is managed by eJunkie
- 20% commission on sale price
- Payment via PayPal
Web-hosting is one of the highest paying niches in affiliate marketing. If you are promoting WordPress products on your blog, the web-hosting niche will help you to earn a very significant commission on every sale.
- Gautam has already covered the basics of web hosting affiliates for bloggers.
These are some of the best shared hosting affiliate programs for your blog. All of these shared hosting affiliate programs are recommended based on personal experience and conversions:
- HostGator’s affiliate program: $75/sale
Managed WordPress Hosting:
The marketplace for Managed WordPress Hosting is growing, and since it is a costly product, the payout is usually high. Here is a list of recommended Managed WordPress Hosting affiliate programs available:
- Join WPEngine’s affiliate program: $200 minimum/Sale
(More to come…)
These are the major WordPress affiliate programs that contribute to my monthly income reports.
I would love to know about any new products and other affiliate programs related to WordPress that have been working well for you. Use the comments section below to tell me your thoughts.
And do share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus!