WordPress is not only a CMS (content management system) – it is also a means of earning a living for many people.
Many web-developers, bloggers, and freelancers are making a good living from their use of WordPress, by selling themes, plugins, services, or consultancy. And for those who are not into development, WordPress can also be used to earn money through product promotion.
What this means is that you can endorse someone’s product with your unique tracking link (affiliate link), and you will get a commission from the associated sales.
- Read and learn: What is Affiliate Marketing & FAQ
Particularly if you are blogging on WordPress, you can easily recommend a premium product that you are using (most of the premium WordPress products have an affiliate program), and when a user buys the product based on your referral, you will make money.
This amount could be anywhere from $1-$500 per product.
In this post, I will be sharing some of the top affiliate programs for WordPress bloggers. Most of these affiliate programs are open to everyone, so you can join all of them and promote the ones that best suit your taste and style.
You can refer to my guide on how to promote affiliate products on your blog to get a better understanding of how you can promote these WordPress premium products.
Recommended WordPress Products for Affiliate Marketing:
WordPress affiliate products can be classified into one of the following categories:
- WordPress Themes Affiliate Program
- WordPress Plugins Affiliate Program
- WordPress Shared Hosting Affiliate Program
- WordPress Managed Hosting Affiliate Program
- WordPress Backup, Security, Maintainance Affiliate Programs
Before I share my list, here are a few things that you need to know:
- Get a PayPal account. Most of these affiliate programs offer payment via PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, get one now.
- If you are using any particular premium WordPress product and you don’t see the affiliate program overview in this list, simply Google “product name + affiliate program“, and you will find the details of the affiliate program for that product.
- Join all of them! Joining all of these affiliate programs is easy and free. I suggest you join all of them and get on their mailing lists. This way you will receive their latest coupon codes, promotional materials, and useful insights about their products. You may not be promoting all of the products, but the affiliate promotional information you will get from the emails will be very useful.
Let’s get on with our list! Here are some of the most popular WordPress affiliate programs which you can promote on your blog (and earn a handsome income).
WordPress Themes Affiliate Programs
Unlike in the past, there are currently tons of WordPress premium theme affiliate programs out there.
I have worked with a few of them for my WordPress theme blog and also for ShoutMeLoud. Based on my personal experience, I’m sharing the ones that I believe are the best.
Genesis is one of the top WordPress theme frameworks out there, and many bloggers swear by it.
Undoubtedly, with the unfortunate downfall of the Thesis theme, Genesis turned out to be the most popular theme framework. Unlike other theme networks, Genesis is priced on the higher side and is mostly used by professional bloggers or serious online businesses.
Genesis’s framework and skins are quite easy to promote, as the company has a great brand name in the market. With one quick (and smart) promotion, you can earn a significant amount of money.
- You will get 35% commission on every sale
- The program is managed by ShareASale, and the payout is via bank transfer or ACH.
- 60-day cookies
In my opinion, Genesis is the best, but there are many more that you can join, including the:
What WordPress Theme Affiliate program:
Do you have readers who want to know what WordPress theme is being used by a blog? Well just by telling them about What WordPress theme will increase your chances to earn affiliate commission.
Currently, this works with themes from ThemeForest, Elegant Themes, MyThemeShop, TemplateMonster. Both ThemeForest & TemplateMonster have tons of great WordPress themes.
WordPress Plugins Affiliate Programs
When it comes to premium WordPress plugins, the list is endless.
I have promoted a few in the past to earn a few thousand dollars, but there is not a single plugin that you can stick with for a long period. The WordPress premium plugins marketplace is very competitive, and every day a new or better product emerges.
So if you are trying to get into the plugins promotion niche, you need to be active in knowing which products are currently the best on the market and how they work.
- Tip: WordPress plugins have a limited time in the marketplace, and you need to sign-up individually for most of these products. A majority of these plugins are sold via ClickBank, which is easier to link to directly. You should search for these product affiliate programs manually, or try to find a high-selling plugin to promote in an affiliate marketplace.
Because of this, I’m going to list those marketplaces where you can find new, high-quality plugins to promote.
They have generous affiliate program where you can earn 55%/sale. Since they have many few themes as well, it would be easier for you to promote them & make money.
Elementor: Live Page Builder Plugin
Elementor Live page builder is one of the most popular free page builder plugin in the WordPress plugin repo. They also have a pro version that gives access to pro-widget & cost only $49 for one site & top plan cost $199.
They have an affiliate program which pays 50% on all sale. Since their WordPress plugin is so popular, it would be piece of cake to sale their pro version. A great chance for anyone to make 50% on the sale of Elementor plugin.
GravityForms is one of the most recommended premium contact form plugins for WordPress.
This plugin has a feature pack, and due to a large number of tutorials, this plugin is marketed very well. You can easily promote this plugin on your blog posts, or via banner ads.
- Affiliate program is managed by eJunkie
- 20% commission on the sale price
- Payment via PayPal
JVZoo is yet another affiliate marketplace and is widely used by internet marketers.
You will find some fantastic WordPress products out there (plugins & themes) which you can easily promote. Most of these products are launched by internet marketers who know what we as bloggers require.
This makes their products very useful. Joining their program is easy and free.
- Payout via PayPal
- Lifetime cookies
WordPress Web-Hosting Affiliate Program:
Web-hosting is one of the highest paying niches in affiliate marketing. If you are promoting WordPress products on your blog, the web-hosting niche will help you to earn a very significant commission on every sale.
- Gautam has already covered the basics of web hosting affiliates for bloggers.
These are some of the best shared hosting affiliate programs for your blog. All of these shared hosting affiliate programs are recommended based on quality and high conversions:
- A2 Hosting Affiliate Program: $85/Sale)
- HostGator’s affiliate program: $75/sale
- Bluehost Affiliate Program: $65/Sale
- InMotion Hosting Affiliate Program: $50/Sale
Managed WordPress Hosting Affiliate Programs:
The marketplace for Managed WordPress Hosting is growing, and since it is a costly product, the payout is usually high. Here is a list of recommended Managed WordPress Hosting affiliate programs available:
Kinsta Affiliate Program:
Kinsta is the leading managed WordPress hosting company and it’s pretty easy to sale this one. They have a lucrative Affiliate program that you could join for free and earn up to $500 for every referral + 10% monthly recurring lifetime commissions.
WPEngine Affiliate Program:
Similar to Kinsta, WPEngine is another easy to sell WordPress managed hosting. They also have a lucrative affiliate program via ShareASale where they offer up to $200/sale. You can also ask for co-branded landing page if you are giving the decent number of sales. WPEngine also runs promotion and discounts, which makes it easier for you to convert it into sales.
- Join WPEngine’s affiliate program: $200 minimum/Sale
WordPress Backup plugin/service Affiliate Program:
BlogVault is a popular premium WordPress backup solution. As backup is a vital part of managing a CMS like WordPress, it would be easier for you to sell BlogVault service to the targeted WordPress users.
With Blogvault Affiliate program, you can earn from $20 to $500/sale and it’s a recurring affiliate program. Since users are likely to use the same backup service for long, you are more likely to succeed with this.
WordPress Affiliate Program:
VaultPress is a WordPress backup service by Automattic. You might not know, but WordPress also offers an Affiliate program for it’s plugins like Jetpack, WooCommerce and it’s free to join. You can promote VaultPress by promoting Jetpack plugin and earn handsome 20% on every sale.
(Bookmark this page. More to come…)
These are the major tried and tested WordPress affiliate programs that contribute to my monthly income reports.
I would love to know about any new products and other affiliate programs related to WordPress that have been working well for you. Use the comments section below to tell me your thoughts.
If you want to learn to make money from Affiliate marketing, grab my eBook by clicking the button below:
And do share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Here are a few hand-picked guides for you to read next:
- Kinsta Managed Hosting Review: Is It Worth The Money & Hype?
- Must-Know Things Before Joining Any Affiliate Program
- The Extra Money I Earned By Growth Hacking Amazon Associate Program: A Case Study