I migrated my blog from shared hosting environment to KnownHost VPS some time back and everything went fine until I realize that many characters are encoded into different latter. Shoutmeloud moved to Knownhost VPS>
Common problem was I was seeing lots of characters are replaced with Â and â€™ . I wish I can share how do you feel when you see your baby blog acting weird .
So I started looking for problem and realize that the issue is with database character encoding. You can find more information about this character encoding here.
So I was left with few options like start the process once again and take care of mysql dump encoding or run some queries in mysql to replace those weird-looking codes.
But before I get my hand dirty with mysql, I tweeted about the problem and thanks to Reshadat who had similar problem. He informed me about a plugin which can be used to simple search and replace such characters.
Search and replace is a wordpress plugin which will let you search and replace any character anywhere in your blog database.
Plugin is simple to use and you can quickly replace those weird-looking characters with normal one. Here is the screenshot of plugin
I’m sure this plugin will help you a lot when you will find your self into similar wordpress issue.
Hand picked Articles for you:
$49 worth WordPress Guide