WordPress is not only just a CMS, but it’s a means of living for many. Many developers and freelancers are making a living out of WordPress, by selling Themes, plugins, services or consultancy. For those, who are not into development, that can always earn from WordPress by promoting products. In simple words, you will endorse somebody product with your special tracking link (Affiliate link), and you will get a commission out of it.
Especially, if you are blogging on WordPress, you can easily recommend the premium product that you are using (Most of the premium WordPress products have an affiliate program), and when a user buys product from your referral, you will be making handsome income out of it. This could be from $1-$500 per product.
Here, I will be sharing some of the top affiliate programs for WordPress bloggers. Most of these affiliate programs are open to everyone, so you can join in all of these affiliate programs, and promote one that suits your taste and style. You can refer to my guide on “how to promote Affiliate products on your blog“, to get a better understanding of, how you can promote these WordPress premium products.
Some of the recommended WordPress products for Affiliate Marketing:
WordPress affiliate products can easily be classified majorly into following categories:
- WordPress Premium Plugins
- WordPress Premium Themes
- WordPress hosting
- WordPress backup-management products
Before, I share the list, here are few things that you need to know:
- Get a PayPal account: Most of these affiliate programs offer payment via PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, Get one now.
- If Your Product is not listed here: If you are using any particular premium WordPress product, and you don’t see the affiliate program overview in this list. Simply Google “Product Name + Affiliate program” in Google search, and you will find the details of aff. Program for that product.
- Join All: Joining all these affiliate program is easy, and free. I suggest you to join all, and get on their mailing list. These ways, you will receive latest coupon codes, promotional matter, and another useful insight about the product. You may not be promoting all the products, but the affiliate promotion information you will get via these Emailers, will be of top-notch.
So, let’s get on with our list, and find out some of the popular WordPress affiliate program, which you can promote on your blog for handsome income.
WordPress Themes Affiliate program:
Unlike old days, now there are tons of WordPress premium themes affiliate programs out there. I have worked with few of them for my niche WordPress theme blog and for ShoutMeLoud. Based on my experience with them, I’m sharing some of the recommended one here:
Elegant Themes Affiliate program:
Elegant WordPress Themes are one of the easiest and highly convertible aff. Program for WordPress bloggers. Despite of not so active promotion, I have made over $3,200 with their Affiliate program. The reason for good conversion of their products is because of low-price. They offer 86 premium themes for $39 (Various categories), and themes are regularly updates. Here are the essential features of their program:
- You earn 50% from each sale
- You will get a commission for yearly renewal ( Lifetime affiliate)
- Payout via PayPal
Genesis is one of the top WordPress theme frameworks out there, and many bloggers swear by it. Undoubtedly, with the sad downfall of Thesis theme, Genesis turned out to be most popular theme framework. Unlike other theme network, Genesis is priced on the higher side and is used by professional bloggers or serious online businesses. Genesis Framework and skins are quite easy to promote, as a company has a great brand-name in the marker, and with a quick promotion, you can earn hugely.
- You will get 35% commission on every sale.
- 2 Tier-Affiliate program
- Program is managed by ShareASale and payout via Bank transfer or ACH.
- 60 days cookies.
FameThemes is a relatively new WordPress theme marketplace, but I have noticed high conversions on their landing page. Recently, I have promoted Code light responsive theme from FameThemes, and this theme converted well. Their product is top-notch, and you can easily earn good bucks by promoting them.
- 50% commission on every bill.
- 50% commission on re-bills.
- Tracking cookies are set for 365 days.
- Payment via PayPal and Minimum Payout is $50
WordPress plugins affiliate program:
When it comes to premium WordPress plugins, list is endless. I have promoted few in the past to earn few 1000$, but there is not a single plugin that you can stick for long. WordPress premium plugins marketplace is very competitive, and every day, a new or better product pops out. So, if you are trying to get into plugins promotion niche, you need to be active in terms of knowing what’s the best, and how do they work. Instead of referring to direct product, I will share the marketplace that you should join, to earn from plugins affiliate.
Tip: As I mentioned, WordPress plugins have limited marketplace, and you need to sign-up individually for most of the product. A majority of plugins are sold via Clickbank, which is easier to link to. You should search for product affiliate program manually, or find a high-selling plugin to promote it.
ClickBank is one of the most popular affiliate marketplace out there, and a hub for affiliate marketers. Joining Clickbank is easy, and once you are signed up, you will have your clickbank user name. (ex: denharsh). Now, most of premium WordPress plugins affiliate program is managed by Clickbank, and you need to get the hop link. Here is a quick example:
Instabuilder plugin aff. program is managed by Clickbank (CB), and on their affiliate page, you will see link like: http://clickbankusername.stheresia.hop.clickbank.net
Simply replace, clickbankusername with your user-name, and your affiliate link will become like: http://denharsh.stheresia.hop.clickbank.net. This is going to be the same for all the themes, and plugins which are managed by Clickbank.
I have already talked about Warriorforum affiliate program earlier, and I’m not going to get into details about the same. I picked EasyWPSEO, and few other plugins from their aff. program, and it converted great. If you missed my earlier guide, you can refer to below mentioned guide
JVZoo is another affiliate marketplace like Clickbank, Commission junctions, and is widely used by Internet marketers. You will find some amazing WordPress products out there (Plugins & Themes), and which you can easily promote. Most of these products are launched by Internet marketers, who knows what we as a blogger require, and that makes the product very useful. Joining their program is easy, and free.
- Payout via PayPal
- Life-time cookie
Gravity Forms plugin:
Gravity forms is one of the most recommended premium contact form plugin for WordPress. This plugin is featured pack, and due to large number of tutorials, this plugin is marketed really well. You can easily promote this plugin in your blog posts, or via banner ads.
- Affiliate program is managed by eJunkie.
- 20% commission on sale price.
- Payment via PayPal
Webhosting is one of the highest paying niche in affiliate marketing. If you are promoting WordPress products on your blog, webhosting niche will help you to earn a huge commission on every sale. Gautam has already covered basics of Webhosting affiliate for bloggers, and below I will mention some of the WordPress hosting program, which you should definitely join.
Here are some of the best shared hosting affiliate program for your blog. All these shared hosting aff. program are recommended based on experience, and conversions.
- Checkout Dreamhost Affiliate program: $97/sale
- Checkout Hostgator Affiliate program : $75/sale
- Checkout Bluehost Affiliate program: $65/sale, $120/Sale for super affiliates.
Managed WordPress hosting:
Marketplace for managed WordPress hosting is growing, and since it’s a costly product, payout is usually high. Here are the list of recommended managed WordPress affiliate program out there:
- Join WpEngine Affiliate program : $200 minimum/Sale
- Join Page.ly Affiliate program: Recurring & referral commission options.
Miscellaneous WordPress products with affiliate program:
Here are some of the products which are recommended for WordPress, and they work great as an affiliate too.
- ManageWP Aff Program: A product to manage multiple WordPress blogs from single dashboard. High-quality product, and good commission payout.
- WPMuDev Affiliate : Huge collection of Premium WordPress products. Specially if your blog targets WordPress multi-site, you can find some amazing affiliate products to promote here.
These are the major WordPress affiliate program, that contributes into my monthly income reports. I would love to know about new products and other affiliate products related to WordPress, that are working great for you. Don’t forget to share this article on Facebook and Google plus.