WordPress is not only a CMS (content management system) – it is also a means of earning a living for many people. Many developers and freelancers are making a living from their use of WordPress, by selling themes, plugins, services or consultancy. And for those who are not into development, WordPress can also be used to earn money through product promotion. What this means is that you can endorse someone’s product with your special tracking link (affiliate link), and you will get a commission from the associated sales.
Read and learn: What is Affiliate Marketing & FAQ
Particularly if you are blogging on WordPress, you can easily recommend a premium product that you are using (most of the premium WordPress products have an affiliate program), and when a user buys the product based on your referral, you will be making money from the process. This income could amount to anywhere from $1-$500 per product.
In this post I will be sharing some of the top affiliate programs for WordPress bloggers. Most of these affiliate programs are open to everyone, so you can join all of them, and promote the ones that suit your taste and style. You can refer to my guide on “how to promote affiliate products on your blog“, to get a better understanding of how you can promote these WordPress premium products.
Some recommended WordPress products for affiliate marketing:
WordPress affiliate products can easily be classified into following general categories:
- WordPress Premium Plugins
- WordPress Premium Themes
- WordPress hosting
- WordPress backup-management products
Before I share my list, here are few things that you need to know:
- Get a PayPal account: Most of these affiliate programs offer payment via PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, Get one now.
- If you are using any particular premium WordPress product and you don’t see the affiliate program overview in this list, simply Google “product name + affiliate program“, and you will find the details of the affiliate program for that product.
- Join all: Joining all of these affiliate programs is easy and free. I suggest you join all of them, and get on their mailing lists. This way you will receive their latest coupon codes, promotional matters, and useful insights about their products. You may not be promoting all of the products, but the affiliate promotional information you will get from the emails will be of good use.
Let’s get on with our list, and find out what some of the most popular WordPress affiliate programs are, and how you can promote them on your blog toward a handsome income.
WordPress themes affiliate program:
Unlike in the past, there are currently tons of WordPress premium theme affiliate programs out there. I have worked with a few of them for my niche WordPress theme blog, and for ShoutMeLoud. Based on my experience with them, I’m sharing some of the most highly recommended ones here:
Elegant Themes Affiliate program:
Elegant WordPress Themes are one of the easiest and most highly convertible affiliate programs for WordPress bloggers. Despite relatively inactive promotion, I have made over $3,200 with their affiliate program. The reason for the excellent conversion of their products is the low prices. They offer 86 premium themes for $39 (in various categories), and themes are regularly updated.
Here are the essential features of their program:
- You earn 50% from each sale
- You will get a commission for yearly renewal (lifetime affiliate)
- Payout is via PayPal
Genesis is one of the top WordPress theme frameworks out there, and many bloggers swear by it. Undoubtedly, with the unfortunate downfall of the Thesis theme, Genesis turned out to be the most popular theme framework. Unlike other theme networks, Genesis is priced on the higher side, and is used by professional bloggers or serious online businesses. Genesis’s framework and skins are quite easy to promote, as the company has a great brand name in the market. With just a quick promotion, you can earn a significant amount of money.
- You will get 35% commission on every sale
- Two-tier affiliate program
- Program is managed by ShareASale, and payout is via bank transfer or ACH.
- 60-day cookies
FameThemes is a relatively new WordPress theme marketplace, but I have noticed high conversions on their landing page. Recently I promoted a code light responsive theme from FameThemes, and this theme converted well. Their product is top-notch, and you can easily earn a decent income by promoting them.
- 50% commission on every bill
- 50% commission on re-bills
- Tracking cookies are set for 365 days
- Payment via PayPal and minimum payout is $50
WordPress plugins affiliate program:
When it comes to premium WordPress plugins, the list is endless. I have promoted a few in the past to earn a few thousand dollars, but there is not a single plugin that you can stick with for a long period of time. The WordPress premium plugins marketplace is very competitive, and every day a new or better product emerges.
So, if you are trying to get into the plugins promotion niche, you need to be active in terms of knowing what products are currently the best on the market, and how they work.
Instead of referring to any product directly, I will share the marketplace that you can join in an effor to earn from the plugins’ affiliate.
Tip: As previously mentioned, WordPress plugins have a limited time in the marketplace, and you need to sign-up individually for most of the products. A majority of plugins are sold via Clickbank, which is easier to link to directly. You should search for product affiliate programs manually, or find a high-selling plugin to promote.
ClickBank is one of the most popular affiliate marketplaces out there, and is a hub for affiliate marketers. Joining ClickBank is easy, and once you have signed up, you will have your ClickBank username (for example: denharsh).
Most of the premium WordPress plugins affiliate programs are managed by ClickBank, and you need to get the hop link.
Following is a quick example:
The InstaBuilder plugin affiliate program is managed by Clickbank (CB), and on their affiliate page you will see a link that looks like this:
Simply replace, clickbankusername with your own username, and your affiliate link will look like this:
This will be the same for all of the themes and plugins managed by ClickBank.
I have previously written about WarriorForum’s affiliate program, so I will not get into additional details here. I chose EasyWPSEO and a few other plugins from their affiliate program, and they converted very well. If you missed my previously published guide, you can refer to the following guide:
JVZoo is another affiliate marketplace like ClickBank, and is widely used by Internet marketers. You will find some amazing WordPress products out there (plugins & themes) which you can easily promote. Most of these products are launched by Internet marketers, who know what we as bloggers require, and that makes the product very useful. Joining their program is easy and free.
- Payout via PayPal
- Lifetime cookies
GravityForms is one of the most recommended premium contact form plugins for WordPress. This plugin has a featured pack, and due to a large number of tutorials, this plugin is marketed very well. You can easily promote this plugin in your blog posts, or via banner ads.
- Affiliate program is managed by eJunkie
- 20% commission on sale price
- Payment via PayPal
Webhosting is one of the highest paying niches in affiliate marketing. If you are promoting WordPress products on your blog, the webhosting niche will help you to earn a very significant commission on every sale. Gautam has already covered the basics of webhosting affiliates for bloggers. Following are my suggestions of some of the WordPress hosting programs which you should definitely join:
These are some of the best shared hosting affiliate programs for your blog. All of these shared hosting affiliate programs are recommended based on experience and conversions:
- Check out Dreamhost’s affiliate program: $97/sale
- Check out Hostgator’s affiliate program : $75/sale
- Check out Bluehost’s affiliate program: $65/sale, $120/sale for super affiliates
Managed WordPress hosting:
The marketplace for managed WordPress hosting is growing, and since it is a costly product, payout is usually high. Here is a list of recommended managed WordPress affiliate programs available:
- Join WpEngine’s affiliate program : $200 minimum/Sale
- Join Page.ly’s affiliate program: recurring & referral commission options
Miscellaneous WordPress products with affiliate programs:
Here are some of the products which are recommended for WordPress, and also work well as affiliate programs:
- ManageWP affiliate program: A product to manage multiple WordPress blogs from a single dashboard. High-quality product, and good commission payout.
- WPMuDev’s affiliate program : Huge collection of premium WordPress products. Particularly if your blog targets WordPress multi-sites, you can find some amazing affiliate products to promote here.
These are the major WordPress affiliate programs that contribute to my monthly income reports.
I would love to know about any new products and other affiliate programs related to WordPress that have been working well for you. Use the comments section below to tell me your thoughts.
Remember to share this article on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.