This is a guest post by Sandeep who blogs at guest posting guidelines.. If you would like to write for ShoutMeLoud, check our
I have seen many blogger’s often use Gmail or yahoo mail even though they own a domain. Today in this article I am going to help them create their own mail id for their domain free with google app support. This article will work with most of the common domain registrar.
Initial part to make it working is to have your domain registered at google app,follow the steps below to register your domain for google apps
Steps to register at Google App
- Go to google app
- Click on Solutions–>Google Apps(Free)
- Then click on Get started
- Enter you domain name (Eg: techfreakblog.com) for which you want the mail id or the one you want to get Google app support and click on “get started”.
- Sign up providing all the correct details
- Next setup an administrator account
- Sign in to your domain at google.com/a/yourdomain with the administrator account
You will be asked to verify the domain name ownership
- Verify you are the owner of domain either by uploading html file through FTP or by changing cname records from your host
- Go to google app dashboard
By default email is not activated
- Click on activate e-mail in your google app dashboard
You will see a page telling you to change MX records
- Open a new tab/window and login to your host cpanel
- Edit MX records according to the following order in your cpanel
NOTE:Make records in the same order else it might not work
- Once you have done that successfully go to google app tab and click on “I have completed these steps”
Do remember, having your personalized domain Email address, will help in branding and look more professional.
Do let us know if you have claimed your personalized domain Email address or not?
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!