Advertising allows us to present our brand, product or service to the public, report their main features, persuade or encourage the purchase or use of our product, and make them remember about our existence. Advertising can bring you a lot of exposure and thereby profit. So for every product or service, advertising is inevitable. Without that, you are losing a great opportunity to conquer your market.
If you are looking to advertise your online business brand, product or service, but still don’t know how here are 40 easy ways to advertise your business online and offline. You can opt for these methods for effective advertising.
Advertise Your Online Business Like Pro
- Advertise on television: Costly, But helps reach a massive number of people.
- Advertise on the radio: Wide reach, huge potential.
- Publish a notice in a newspaper: You can either create a section related to your product or service or advertise in the classified section.
- Publish an ad in a magazine: For example, in a journal related to the theme of our product or service.
- Yellow pages: You can use a physical directory or yellow pages online.
- In Internet classifieds: For example, Craigslist. It has significant importance as far as advertising is concerned
- Publish the address of your website in web directories: Directories either generic, for example, Dmoz, or subject directories, for example, country business directories.
- Rent ad space on websites or pages: For example, sites that provide the opportunity to place your ads on them in exchange for a periodic payment. Buysellads is one of the best places to start with, and you can check out this blog listing here.
- Rent advertising space in platforms on the Internet: For example, in an online game you can buy banner space to advertise your product if it is related to that.
- Rent ad space on applications for smartphones. Check out iAds for brands.
- Use online advertising programs: For example, the program AdWords from Google, which allows us to publish our report on different websites or pages automatically, and pay only for clicks that people make in it.
- Advertise on Facebook: Similar to the previous case, only our ad appears on the profile pages of Facebook users.
- Search engine advertising: Similar to the earlier case, only our ad appears in the search results of search engines, for example, in the Google search results.
- Send advertisements or advertising messages via email: Either to customers who have previously given us your email address, or people who have subscribed to our newsletter.
- Rent a stall or stand in any local or international fair where we promote our products or services.
- Enable a tasting station where we promote our products: For example, in a market, supermarket, shop or warehouse.
- Participate in an event or activity where we can promote our brand: For example, in a sports competition where our team wears T-shirts with the logo of our company.
- Organize an event or activity where we can promote our brand: For example, a fashion show where we disclose our clothing.
- Sponsor a person or institution: For example, any sports personality in the local media, in exchange for using our brand products.
- Send a note or press release to newspapers or other media: One in which we communicate the approach of an event organized by us.
- Participate in social networks: For example, post a link on Facebook or Twitter directed towards an attractive note posted on our company blog. Read Benefits of Social media for business.
- Upload video to YouTube: For example, one show where one of our products doing something no other competing product could do.
- Print or advertising posters placed on the outside of our company vehicles: For example, in our vans.
- Rent space in the outer vehicle we place on them for our films or posters advertising: Such as, in public transport vehicles that offer this possibility.
- Advertise on the uniforms of our workers.
- Advertise on our everyday clothes: For example, in advertising, we have tailormade shirts that we use whenever we go out into the street.
- Advertise on the packaging of our products: For example, we use boxes for transport.
- Advertise on the bags delivered to our customers so they can transport our products when you purchase them.
- Rent ad space on a sign or panel located on public roads.
- Place a sign or poster at the front of our store.
- Send designed brochures.
- Designing and sending out flyers.
- Distribute business cards: Get a creative business card for your online business and whenever you meet people in an event, meetups, pass them one. Make sure your card speaks about your brand and what your business can do for them.
- Distribute advertising calendars: Whether wall, desktop or pocket.
- Give away merchandise items such as pens, key chains, bottle openers, caps and T-shirts that have the logo of our company.
- Word of mouth advertising: By providing a quality product to a customer. They will always recommend your product to others.
- Organize a seminar or event in your niche. This will be very beneficial in the branding of your business and makes new long term relations.
- Start a new Blog in your niche: One of the most cost-effective methods to get free traffic from search engines. Will help you to lower down your advertisement cost and you can advertise your business on your own blog. You may or may not disclose your company relation with the blog.
- Keep Reading ShoutMeLoud for more such tips and ideas. 🙂
These are some conventional but yet most effective ways to advertise your online business. Always remember, best of advertising return comes when you take an unconventional route. For example, if you remember Godaddy super bowl ads, which created lots of controversies but at the end of the day, they managed to grab lots of customers. You don’t have to hire a sexy model to do a video shoot for your brand, but use the creativity or take advantage of controversial marketing to make most out of it.
You don’t have to pick all these 39 ideas, but pick few of these which you can start and carry on for long-term. For example, if you still don’t have a business card, get one. It’s cheap, or if you use the latest printer at home, you can create and print one for yourself. If you are great with your PR skills, plan out an event and find some sponsors, a successful event will give you great exposure and a new identity to your online business.
Do let us know which advertising technique you are using for your Online business and what is working for you.