Have you ever wanted to sell an eBook online? Or needed to collect payment for your Workshop, event or a membership course online?
Even if you are ready with your product, the biggest challenge is to integrate a payment collection system. Most of us make a mistake by offering net-banking or direct deposit as a payment option, which increases the chances of last minute change of mind.
In the past few months, I have been trying out many services that let me sell my eBook. Earlier I have talked about E-Junkie, Google play store, and today I will talking about one service that I’m using from the last two months.
I discovered Instamojo around March 2015, and I find it hard to believe that book-selling could be so easier. Before I move ahead & share my experience Instamojo, I want you to know that this service currently operates inIndia only, and users outside India needs to wait for a while before they can also enjoy it’s services.
Let’s move on & learn more about this. At the later part of this post, I will share how I’m using their services & how you can get benefit out of it.
What is Instamojo & how it works?
Instamojo is a Bangalore-based company that is targeted to selling digital goods & collecting payment online. Instamojo offers various solutions to today’s era Entrepreneurs, Solopreneurs & Freelancers.
In simple word, you can use it to sell any digital goods & collect payment. What I like most about them is, it takes 5 minutes to get started & in another 5 minutes, you can activate your account.
Any Indian seller with a bank account can enroll themselves at Instamojo, and start selling online. Instamojo takes care of payment & delivery of digital goods. In case if you just need to collect payment for your Workshop or an event, you can use Instamojo for that too.
This service is used by Bloggers & Authors to sell eBooks, designer to sell their designs, musicians to sell their music album, photographers are selling their photos & anything that can be delivered online. Top sellers are using this platform to sell IAS, CAT and other exams coaching materials.
Instamojo started to ease the biggest pain point of all digital entrepreneurs, and with a geographical target (India) in their mind. They have simplified the online commerce for millions of Indians, who just want to sell online & get paid.
I have shared complete steps on how you can start selling your eBook or any other product on Instamojo. But, For now, let’s look at the features of InstaMojo:
Features – What makes it worth talking about?
- Upload the Digital goods, buyer pay via Instamojo payment gateway & everything else including delivery is taken care of Instamojo.
- You can also collect payment for physical goods.
- All the product page can be SEO optimized along with support for the canonical tag.
- Only 1.9% transaction fees.
- Instamojo apps (Paid & free) let you add features such as SMS alerts, Affiliate program.
- There are no setup fees & it takes 5 or maximum 10 minutes to get started.
- Google Analytics integration enabled
- You can create a discount code for your product.
- You can allocate separate commission for individual affiliates ( Enjoy the power of super affiliate)
- Export your Sales & Affiliates. You can import them to your email list for upselling.
- Request payment by sending SMS (Yah! this is for real)
There are many more features offered by them that made selling online & collecting online payment easier. So are you ready to start selling online or create a PayPal-like payment collection link?
How to start selling online in India using Instamojo?
Even if you don’t have anything to sell a digital product right now, you should go ahead & create an Instamojo account. As after creating an account, you would realize how easy it is to sell online.
Moreover, they offer a feature call InstaPay which let you collect payment online without sharing your bank details. Think of this as Indian PayPal alternative without the wallet feature.
Here, I’m outlining all the process that you need to follow to get started.
- Head over to Instamojo homepage.
- Click on get started & create your profile.
- I suggest you to use a good username, as it will be displayed in your download link. You can use your brand name or any keyword which is related to your niche/product.
- After that you need to complete four steps as shown below:
- When you click on Submit your KYC, you have the option to select from business types. If you are a minor without a PAN card, you should open the account under any of your parent names, or take help of elder person in your family.
To finish the account activation process, you need to upload a scanned copy of your PAN card, and any one of these three details from your bank account.
- Latest Bank Statement (Scan/ Photo/ PDF)
- Passbook Front Page
- Cheque Book Front Page (Canceled cheques not accepted)
Tip: You can open Instamojo site in a mobile browser (Access mobile site here), and use your mobile phone camera to take pictures. Their mobile site is fully functional.
Create Payment link for Digital Goods or any other:
This is where you will configure payment link, which will be used for receiving payment for anything you are selling using Instamojo. Click on Create a Payment link, and select from available four options.
In my case, I chose Digital Goods, as I’m using it to sell my exclusive affiliate marketing eBook.
I bet you will be blown away by the simplicity Instamojo offers when it comes to selling your eBook. Moreover, they take care of each & every detail including SEO, (Social Pay – if you are selling for free).
- Don’t worry about making any mistake or creating everything perfect now, as you can always go back & edit everything including description & pricing.
- Once done, you can make your page live & you are ready to start selling. You can see an example of the live page here.
Once you are done making your product page live, do explore their dashboard & app store. You will find many interesting things, and I highly recommend you to enable affiliate from their app store. This will let your customer or users to join & promote your product for the affiliate commission. You can see an example page for joining a product affiliate program here.
Overall be it you or anyone you know, Instamojo makes it easier for you to start selling online. It saves a ton of time getting into the hassle of paperwork for collecting payment & all other formalities.
In today’s era, a company like this is empowering and end user like me to sell our product instantly. I’m waiting for the time when they expand their geographical boundaries from India to worldwide, as that would make this company a game changer in global online commerce.
Have you tried or using Instamojo? Do share your review & experience with me in the comment section below. Do let me know what are you selling with Instamojo? If you think others will be benefitted with this article, do share it with them.
Note: This is a sponsored post, and all information is mine after using Instamojo for months. We charge for publishing the content before time, but not even a single word is biased. You can learn more about our sponsored post policy at the Advertisement page.