It’s no longer news that Facebook has launched the free basic internet.org in 40 countries across Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America partnering with Mobile Operators to provide the Free Basics program.
The Program is aimed at connecting people who hitherto do not have access to the internet and as a Blogger or content producers, there’s goldmine yet untapped which will propel your Website/blog to a greater audience globally.
About Free Basics by Facebook
Free Basics by Facebook provides people with access to useful services on their mobile phones in markets where internet access may be less affordable. The websites are available for free without data charges and include content on things like news, employment, health, education and local information. By introducing people to the benefits of the internet through these websites, we hope to bring more people online and help improve their lives.
For the list of countries where Free basics are available and partner, operators visit Internet.org by Facebook. To connect to the internet using Free Basics all you need to do is walk into a partner Mobile Operator shop in your native country and get a SIM card or if you’re already on the network visit Free Basics by FACEBOOK to get started today.
How can you benefit from Free basics as a Blogger?
Imagine getting your Blog audience from 0 to 100,000 in just one month, with little effort and not having to spend through your nose on advertising, traffic exchange software/programs or even the famed SEO tricks. Facebook is providing you a platform to reach millions of newbie internet users through her internet.org Free Basics Program.
Now here’s how:
If you own a website/Blog you can join the Free Basics Platform by adding your app, website, or service to Free Basics, which provides people free access to a range of basic services in markets where internet access may be less affordable and reach new-to-internet users across Africa, Asia, and Latin America and make a social impact by adapting your mobile app or website for the Free Basics platform.
Anyone can add their website, Applications or services to Free Basics because it’s an open platform, but there are a set of participation guidelines to adhere to, this guideline exists to optimize for performance on older phones and slower networks connections in countries where the services are to be provided.
Benefits of adding your website to Facebook Free Basics:
- Grow your audience by providing affordable access to your services: Growing your services and reaching a new height and audience have never been this easy and here is an opportunity of a lifetime to key into the program now and watch your audience cum income sky-rocket in just a matter of days.
- Scale your social impact: As you well know by not that you can only underestimate the power and potentials of the social media at your peril. Fulfill your dreams of becoming a social media giant and become an authority in the social media space through the services you provide online.
- Establish your brand early in the fastest-growing mobile markets: With well over 1 billion people accessing the internet each day with their mobiles device, you cannot afford to lag behind in this era of the fast-growing mobile market. Key in today and start raking in returns in no time.
What you need to know before considering submitting your Website to Free Basics:
The goal of the Free Basics Platform is to provide people with a set of free basic services that will serve as an onramp to bringing them online. More people will want to connect to the internet and ultimately become paying users if they first experience the benefits of being online.
To do this effectively for people who are new to the internet, it’s important to have content and services available that are useful and easy to use, to enable as many developers and entrepreneurs as possible to participate in Free Basics, and to offer services that encourage the exploration of the broader internet.
For your site compatibility for listing within Free basics checkout: Free basic guidelines.
This is some of the services not supported on Free Basics video files, VoIP, file transfers, and high-resolution photos (which will be truncated if larger than 1 MB). You can help your service pass this stage of review by limiting your service’s bandwidth usage.
To begin, follow the step-by-step guide to preparing and submitting your service at free basic submission.
After Submitting, Facebook will review your entry, and if approved, your content will be live on Free Basics for millions of people to access the world over.
Don’t keep the good stuff hidden from your friends. Share this on Facebook, Google plus or anywhere you like.
Here are hand-picked articles to make most out of Facebook for driving traffic & money:
- The Mega Guide To Configure Facebook Instant Articles for WordPress
- How To Add Advertisements To Facebook Instant Articles