Have you ever wanted a PayPal desktop software which lets you use PayPal right from your desktop?
How about a PayPal app that lets you track PayPal transactions, view your account balance, process refunds, and send money?
Or an app that lets you view PayPal analytics in real time?
Well, I have always dreamed of a PayPal desktop app that gives me data which helps me to identify my top paying customers, gives me meaningful analytics to make better decisions, and lets me unlock Paypal’s full potential.
This all was a dream until last week when I bumped into a PayPal desktop app called PayDrill.
The features of PayDrill make it seem too good to be true.
After hours of stumbling around and weighing the pros & cons of this app, I finally decided to give it a shot. The only thing that I was afraid of was sharing my PayPal login details & I was glad to know that this app uses API to fetch all data (meaning my login info is safe & secure).
A Little Background About My PayPal Usage & My PayDrill Review
PayDrill is for anyone who is using PayPal to receive payments from others.
In my case, I mostly use PayPal to receive payment from advertisers, affiliates, and a few of my clients. Since PayDrill markets itself as a “salesforce for PayPal”, and I use PayPal for my business, I was wondering if it would be useful for me.
After spending one block of my productive time (25 minutes) with it, I realized this $37 tool could provide me with some invaluable data to help me make intelligent business & sales decisions.
Moreover, it pulls up data from PayPal to my local desktop so I can always filter, search, view, and download my PayPal transactions instantly.
The thing that got me most excited was an option to analyze months/years of PayPal data & list out the customers who have sent the most money. This helped me quickly identify those affiliates and advertisers who are most profitable for me.
Another feature that made me try PayDrill was the option to send payment from the desktop.
I often need to send PayPal payments, and when using the PayPal web interface, it usually takes 4-5 minutes. With PayDrill, now I can send payments within a minute.
I was considering PayDrill as a simple PayPal desktop app, but after carefully analyzing the features, it turned out to be a complete PayPal account management desktop app.
Consider this guide as a complete review of PayDrill & a tutorial to start using PayDrill. You will also learn how to get your PayPal API key, which will be useful in the coming days.
Before we learn the complete PayDrill setup guide, let’s look at some quick points about PayDrill:
- PayDrill works on both Windows & Mac.
- Once it fetches the data, you can use it offline.
- Blazing fast & easier access to your PayPal transaction details.
- Check your recent PayPal transactions from your desktop.
- Gauge sales performances for all of your products sold online through PayPal, including sales made through eBay.
- Reward your customers by analyzing customer recurrence and loyalty.
- Quickly view and download reports on payments received, payments sent, customers, and products.
- The more expensive license lets you connect more than 1 PayPal account to PayDrill.
- PayDrill uses PayPal API to ensure the safety of your account.
Well, there are many more features, but these are some of the features that are good enough to get you started. For bloggers, online entrepreneurs, freelancers, accountants, this app is a real time saver.
You can visit the official PayDrill site here.
Getting started with PayDrill is easy & anyone with a PayPal business account can set it up within 5 minutes. If you have a personal PayPal account, you can upgrade to a PayPal business account for free by going to the PayPal summary page.
The Complete Guide To Configuring The PayDril Desktop PayPal App
Simply follow the steps to get started with PayDrill:
- Get your PayDrill license.
- Download Adobe Air & the PayDrill app.
- Install Adobe Air first & then PayDrill.
- Open PayDrill & enter your email and serial key. Then click on “Register”.
- After software registration is done, you need to reopen PayDrill.
- This time, you need to click on “Connect to PayPal”.
Now, create a PayDrill account.
- Fill in the information and click on “Next”.
To get your PayPal API details:
- Log in to your PayPal account, click on Tools > All Tools > API credentials > Generate API Signature or view API signature.
Do watch the below video to understand the complete steps for getting your PayPal API:
- Copy/paste the three fields’ values into the PayDrill setup box & click on “Connect and Sync”.
Depending upon the date range you select, PayDrill will take some time to fetch all the data. In my case, I have selected data from a 2-year period, so it took a few minutes to fetch.
While PayDrill is fetching your data in the background, you can set the date range to see recent PayPal data on your desktop.
Depending upon the number of products you are selling, your view will be different than my view. Use the drop-down on the top right to switch the view. My favorite one is the “Customers” tab that shows which one of my customers/affiliates are paying me the most.
Tip: Also focus on your top customers who are in the range of #5-#10. You might find it surprising to discover products/programs which are selling like hot cakes with very little promotion.
If you are someone who is selling products on PayPal, the search transaction feature of PayDrill will be of great interest to you. Using this feature, you can quickly search any transaction using different filters & if needed, you can make a full or partial refund as well.
In the above screenshot, I have searched for any transaction with a value of 19, and within seconds PayDrill showed me all the $19 transactions.
Spend 10-15 minutes to explore all the tabs on PayDrill & you will be thanking ShoutMeLoud for introducing you to this app. 🙂
Conclusion: Is PayDrill Worth It?
With a price of $37, it’s a complete value for the money.
This useful desktop PayPal app is for serious marketers who are actively using a PayPal account. For anyone who is selling products or receiving affiliate or freelancing payments, PayDrill could unlock a lot of hidden data that will help you to improve your sales in the future.
- Coupon code is valid only until 12th March 2017.
Do try PayDrill & let me know how you are using it to make better business decisions. Also, if you are using any other PayPal desktop app, share that with us in the comments section below.
Here are some more hand-picked PayPal articles that you should read next:
- Top 7 Paypal Alternatives For Bloggers And Freelancers
- PayPal Referral Program: Earn up to $100 by inviting other users to PayPal
- How To Create An Invoice Using PayPal & Request Money