You: I need urgent help?
Customer support: We are looking into it
after 10 minutes…
You: Hey, Any update? My site is down
Customer support:Sir/Mam, we are looking into it.
I know how much it’s irritating and hard to imagine that someone has willingly ignored your request for support – Whether it is for premium themes & plugins or hosting or for any other products.
It’s more frustrating that we have stuck somewhere while using their product and after writing an Email for a support request, we are not getting the help from their side. If it is not an emergency then we can wait some days for their response but what if it is urgent to resolve the problem?
Feel like your own story?
Well, this happens to many of us all the time..
.. This is why today you will be learning many secrets of writing support request that will get answered quickly.
- What to do to get attention for our problem from the support team of the product?
- How to write a support request which will not be trashed?
- How to write a support request which will be responded quickly?
Every Support request is not same. Your request mail either can be neglected or responded quickly based on how it has been written and what you have included in it. So, read ahead to know how to make your support request embraced.
So, here we go with some Dos and Don’ts which you should consider while writing support request for any product.
Dont’s of writing support request…
- Writing a request saying nothing about the problem is just waste. Sending a mail which only says that you need help won’t do. You need to mention all your problems in detail. In what situation you are facing the problem and the exact thing which you want to do and it’s not happening with their product. If they won’t find exact problem statement in your mail then they will ignore it. They are not going to revert you for asking about your problem because they daily deal with huge numbers of problems of their customers.
- Insulting the support team or company won’t solve your problem. Abusing them about their product will force them to ignore your request mail. Abusing them for the problem in their product is not a wise thing to include in request mail. Some of you might think that it will motivate them to solve your problem real quick but it doesn’t work all time. You are writing a mail for getting help and we don’t ask for help being rude. Right? Be polite and instead of insulting them, define your problem clearly so they can work on it and provide you good support.
- No need to remind the team that how much you paid. Support team already knows the price of their product you have purchased. So, no need to include any sentence like – I have paid this much price for your product then why it is creating such problem? Every product is not perfect. You would have gone through its features and facilities. So asking for more also will not be appropriate.
- Don’t make your client the subject of Email. If the problem is occurring in your client’s website or the problem is faced by your client, then no need to mention that my client is having issues with this product because you are the one who will be paid by your client. You are not going to share your earning with the support team. So instead of mentioning your client
write a mail like you are facing the problem.
Write the support request This Way…
So, we have gone through the mistakes one can commit. Okay so, now onwards we won’t make these mistakes but How to write an embracing Support Request Email?
Now if you want to get response… I should say QUICK RESPONSE of your support request then what are you waiting for? Read ahead!!
- Be clear about your problem. They need to know problem specifically before solving it. If you will write I am facing problem may be something like this…then they won’t consider it. You need to be specific about it. Some research before requesting support will help you defining your problem specifically.
- Don’t forget to mention the efforts you already have put. We techies don’t report a problem at the same instance we face it. We would have tried some possible solutions before asking for support from the team. If you will mention only your problem then they may suggest for trying a solution which you might have tried already. So, it will increase the number of emails exchanged between you and the team. That is why you should inform them the things you have already tried to fix the problem.
- Take extra time to include the details. It’s not compulsory to send a quick mail in frustration when you face a problem. Take some time and give them some information which they might need. Some of the basic information you can include in your mail can be…
- Information of your host
- URL of the site in which you are facing problem
- Screenshot of the error message
- Theme you have installed in your site
- List of plugins activated on your WordPress site
- Configuration you have done in their product
I hope if you will write your support request mail by keeping these points in your mind, your mail won’t be ignored by the support team and you will get quick help. Any other tips for writing support request mail are welcomed in the comment box.
This is a guest submission by Mahezabin Malida. Want to contribute something original? Read ShoutMeLoud’s submission guidelines before contributing.