Content theft is one of BIG issue with genuine blogger who really think, research and then write some meaningful content for their readers. I had seen few bloggers who just copy – paste from some blog post and keep posting on their Blog in order to have more visitors and money. They are doing this knowingly – unknowingly seriousness about this issue. They are making Duplicate Content on web, not giving backlink or Credit to original author(s), and so on.
The following things can help us to fight back with this kind of Thefts.
How to check Content is Theft :
Well honestly it’s tough question when It come to indentify this kind of Bloggers. Know Blogger like Harsh Agrawal is having thousand of post online so it is really hard to find it. But still you must follow following things which can help you to prevent from Content Theft
- Set Google Alert for “Article (Blog Post) Title”
- Try to check random URL of your Blog with service call “CopyScape”
- Search your Blogpost Titile in Google. If possible with Double Quoted (“) mark.
We Got Blog. Now what ?
- Comment on that blog and ask to either to put backlink or remove it. (It’s up to you)
- Shoot mail to him/her ID if anything doesn’t happen.
- If you are not able to find email or other details about that Blog owner then check Who IS records.
- I will love to post about Him/Her on my Blog / Social Profile in order to expose them. (It might varies person to person)
If NO reaction from Blog Owner.
This kind of blogger only aim for money and most of them use Google Adsense. In order to hit them hard we must contact some Web Authorities.
- Check Google’s Adsense DMCA Policy.
- You can inform their Hosting provider
- You can write to search engine also like Google. Check Google’s DCMA Policy. (First one is for Adsense and this is for Google Search Engine. )
Don’t worry if you are feeling that How to write this kind of letters. Just check this link in order to have some ready to use templates.
Let’s take advantage from Content Theft
Wondering that I started joking ? No, I am not joking. Now there are some smart sites which started taking advantage of Content theft.
A website called Tynt is providing excellent service they just put one hyper link as part of content so who ever copies your content you will have Backlink advantage. 🙂
How It works (Sourced from their site)
Each time a user copies content from your website and pastes into an email, blog or website, we automatically add a URL link back to your site’s original content. When someone clicks that URL, they are directed back to your site and see the original content.
You can even use Content Theft WordPress Plugin to stop Copy of your content.
I hope this will help you to fight back and prevent your self from Content Theft. Do share your reaction about this article as well as some more suggestion if I missed any.