Update: Instead of Windows live writer, you should download Open live writer which is the same application forked by Microsoft employee to keep updating Windows live writer. You can download Open live writer
You can download Open live writer for free here. Rest of the process is same
As a blogger and writer, I love to use tools which will help me to increase my productivity and especially when it comes to writing; I need something which is as good as MS Word. I have been using a blog writing tool call Open Live Writer, which is an open source application and support most of the Blogging platforms including WordPress and BlogSpot.
So far, I have found this software to be one of the best Windows Blogging tools for offline writing. The Open Live Writer works seamlessly with WordPress, and you can directly publish posts from your desktop. In this post, I will be talking about how you can configure Open Live Writer with a WordPress blog. Before
In this post, I will be talking about how you can configure Open Live Writer with a WordPress blog. Before that, you should read Open live Writer: Bloggers tool for Blogging to know more about this free software.
Step by Step Guide to Setup Open Live Writer for WordPress:
If you have not yet downloaded Windows live writer, you can get it right now for free from here. The open Live writer uses XML-RPC to communicate with your WordPress blog and it’s on by default for every WordPress blog. Now install Windows live writer and open it.
1. Open Windows Live Writer > Click on Blogs > Add blog account
2. Select Other blog services that are the last option.
Enter your Blog URL in the first field and enter your username and password. Do click on Remember password option; else it will prompt you for the password at every stage.
3. After a while, it will ask you for the option to make a temporary post to detect the blog theme. Click on yes. This way whatever formatting you will do, that will be exact the same replica of your blog theme. That post will be removed automatically after the test post.
4. Final Setup. Enter blog nickname.
5. Now your Open live writer is set up to publish posts directly from your desktop. Just draft your content with the post title and content. Something like this. 🙂
6. Once you are done, hit the Publish button.
7. Now see the post in action on your website. 🙂
If you like the tutorial and find it worth sharing with others. Don’t forget to tweet and give stumble love.
Do let us know if you are using Windows live writer or any other software to write blog posts?