“No one can deny the fact that Twitter is the best marketing tool, you just need to know how to use it effectively and create an attractive profile.” wrote Harsh in a recent post about Twitter. I believe this is truer than ever as seriousness on twitter increases, giving us more and more quality conversations and targeted traffic.
The problem of doing such effective marketing on Twitter is a very obvious one: How can I scale my genuine appearance on Twitter, without becoming a “auto-everything” bot?
Here are 3 simple steps to follow, to stay genuine, yet become efficient at the same time:
1. Scale your interaction – genuinely
We all love the interaction we get on twitter. Be it, when someone retweets our posts, cc’s us in a tweet or simply hits us up with a good old mention. If you wish to create that feeling amongst others more often, so you can build a stronger community, there are a few very simple things you can do.
- Make RT’s personal: The best tool to do that is “edit before retweet” function. Adding your personal note at the beginning of a , not only shows your interaction with the initial tweet, it also shows further proof for your followers that this is good content.
- Mention the author: Whenever you link to a good article you have read, many people oversee the possibility to mention the author’s name. It only takes you a split second to do that, however you are actively engaging with the blogger and giving them credit for their work. You shoud try using Twitshot app, it pulls up the author twitter profile & also pulls up the image automatically.
- Add CC’s: Whenever you tweet or retweet something and you associate the topic with one of your followers, why not simply cc them? Get a discussion going and create a community around your twitter account.
2. Create consistency on your Twitter stream
If you want the above to be happening in a highly optimized way, let me introduce you to Buffer. By simply spending 10 minutes with Buffer you can create a consistent timeline for a whole day.
All you do is add tweets to your queue in Buffer right from your browser every time you come across interesting content you want to share. If your Buffer is topped up with tweets, Buffer will tweet for you at pre-set times during the day. Of-course you are able to adjust these times if you wish.
How to best use it?
Whilst you are reading the news in the morning Buffer comes in very handy. If you come across something you like, hit the Buffer icon via the Chrome Extension and add it to your queue of tweets in Buffer.
Edit the tweet right at that moment or just take the suggested tweet together with the shortened link. Here is how it looks if you add a post to your Buffer:
3. Use multipliers
Finally, if you really want to go deep into discussing topics on twitter a very good option that pays off with lots of new, authentic followers are TwitterChats. You can decide to spend one hour a week joining in an established discussion group.
Well, these are 3 simple yet highly effective tips to be efficient & genuine on Twitter. Here are a few more articles that would help you to make most out of Twitter: