Is your business lacking sales due to the absence of a good writer? A good writer who can update your blog or write sales copies to convert traffic into the leads?
Well, you are not alone in this quest of finding a good writer. Most of the online businesses often are in search of good writers.
Having an engaging content on the website or blog has become the need of the hour for businesses. Here we are not talking about just any content, but high quality and user engaging content written by proficient writers. There are several sources you can tap into, for finding content writers for your business. However, before we look into these sources, first you should understand some of the basic qualities of a good writer.
Which qualities to look out for in a good writer
- Proficiency – The writer should be proficient at their craft and must have the ability to create creative and convincing write-ups that can produce positive results for you. After all, you want everything on your business to be result oriented. Don’t you?
- Efficiency – A competent professional writer does not only free up your time so that you can concentrate on other matters of business, but also ensure that the work is done in a timely manner. On the other hand, an inexperienced writer will become a liability and distract you from doing your work, which is more crucial.
- Creativity – A creative writer can turn a good idea into an excellent one. He will add the creative quotient to the data available and bake it in such a way that will make it stand out in the noise. This will result in more people reading it and responding to it.
- Productivity – A productive writer offers value for money and brings in better returns. A most productive writer may not always be the one who charges the lowest fees, but the one who produces the greatest return on investment.
- Reliability – A reliable writer is the one on which you can rely to deliver top‐quality products in a timely manner. When a deadline is at stake the reliability of the writer comes in handy.
Now that we have looked at the qualities that you should look out for, while searching for a good writer, let us put some light on how and where you can find such a writer.
How to find a good content writer
- Look In-House First: Often there is hidden talent in every organization just waiting to be nurtured. Writing is an area, which does not require any special skill set. A programmer, designer or even a manager can be a good writer. This is why it is always advised to look in-house. You can start by surveying your company resources and find out someone who would be interested in taking upon the new role.
- Search for freelancers who write the content you want: If you are not looking to hire someone full time for the job, the other best possible solution would be searching for freelancers on a writer’s marketplace. You not only get a wide array of enthusiastic professionals but can also access their past work to get an idea of their credence. Here is a list of websites to find writers for your online business.
- Search via social media: Another popular way to find good writers is via social media. Nowadays, most of the professionals are on social media, engaging with business contacts. Social media platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Quora etc. Offer a viable solution where you can easily find competent writers.
- Social advertising: If you do not want to spend a lot of time search for a particular writer, you can opt for social advertising. By doing so, you can have your ads only seen by freelance writers, which is highly beneficial.
Overall, it is not a rocket science to find a good writer these days. With multiple options available as discussed above, finding a good writer is just a walk in the park. However, always ensure to properly analyze the writers beforehand and check their credence.
Let us know your experience of finding & recruiting a writer for your business? Sharing your experience would help many of us to learn from your success & failures.
Want to contribute an original article at ShoutMeLoud? Read our submission guidelines here.