We all are aware about the word Facebook as everybody knows about this social networking site and may be using also. Facebook is a way to connect to friends and family in a very easy and interesting way. Using Facebook for the first time might be confusing for many, but later on It becomes usual and everybody gains perfection in it. Facebook is not for fun only but it is a platform to learn from each other. Here are some of the do,s and don’ts while using FB.
Do’s and Don’ts for Facebook Users
- Do use a real picture in your Facebook profile and similarly use a real name, place and address while starting. This will help us to connect to our friends and family very easily. Also make sure you add details like School and college, this will let you find many lost friends on Facebook.
- Do check each friend request carefully after visiting their profile. It is not necessary that they may be using their original pictures so try to find them from their profile also. Fake profiles is nothing new on Facebook and if you wish to create a safe Facebook profile, make sure to check new friend request carefully.
- Do use privacy settings while building up photo albums. As there may be such snaps which you do not want to share publicly. Their it will be better to apply privacy settings and limit it to your circle only.
- Do tag the photos after uploading to your FB profile. After doing this your friends will be aware about their snaps and secondly it will strengthen your bonding with friends.
- Do be tolerant when you receive unknown friend requests or you may not recognizing him/her. It is not the time to waste on them so it will be better if you will hit ignore option.
- Do create List for your friends and family different as these are not to be mixed up. Both of them have different talking style and attitude towards you so use different settings for them and keep them away from each other.
- If someone is stalking or harassing you on Facebook, Do report it to Facebook or inform your parents. Some time suck stalking leads to obsession and end up in a bad shape.
- After signing up to Facebook don,t leave your profile as it.It will be better if you customize your profile with the help of privacy and security settings.
- Don’t use your wall to announce your schedules, journey and plannings.This thing may be used by any of the enemy and can hinder in our work.
- Don’t use public walls as your own one and try to maintain the decorum of groups and Fan pages. If you want to share something about you inspite of sharing it in public just share on your wall. Try not to do these 5 things which can make you a Facebook idiot.
- Don,t accept friend requests from strangers and check each profile before accepting.
- Don’t use Facebook for ragging and bullying anyone.If you will be found spreading rumours and fights or mentioned above it may lead you to legal action and this can make you behind bars.
Facebook is fun and a Social site and it’s our role to make sure we use Facebook safely and without giving too much information about ourselves Publicly. With the help of these points you may be a responsible and sensible user of Facebook.These do’s and don’ts ay be useful for new users of Facebook or for those who use it for a while.If you receive any friend request from a new comer to FB then recommend this article to him/her. Hope you enjoyed this article and if you have more suggestions for Do’s and dont’s of Facebook, let me know via comment.
For further reading:
Subscribe on YouTube