Few days back I designed a WordPress template and was wondering how to create a demo link for it. I’ve seen many WordPress users that install WordPress in different folder, apply the theme and creates a demo link for it. It is not at all recommended as for each new theme you have to install a new copy of WordPress, this will eat up your server space. Here is a very simple method to showcase all your WordPress themes at one place.
- First install this plugin called WordPress Theme Showcase Plugin.
- After installing it, in the left hand side under Settings, click on Theme Showcase
- This will open a list of all the themes that you’ve uploaded in your wp-content/themes folder
- Check those themes that you want to display and click on Save Changes at the bottom. Have a look
- Now, create a new page and name it Themes and in the body type [showcase]
- And save your page.
- Now, open the Themes page and you will see all your selected themes at one place, and your visitors can easily see the demo, screenshot and description of the theme. You can view the live example here at my blog CreativeBloggingIdeas
I hope you like this little tutorial, waiting for your comments and feedback!
Subscribe Updates, Its FREE!