Today while I was checking Shoutmeloud Facebook fan page I realize it has not been updated from last 2 days and when I checked the feed I found some weird issue. Since I use Facebook RSS graffiti application, I clicked on Preview RSS feeds and realized something is wrong with Shoutmeloud RSS feeds.
I opened the feed (default and Feed burner) and saw some error at the top saying:
This page contains the following errors:
error on line 114 at column 330: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0x0B 0x0B 0x33 0x2E
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
I searched on Google and no such tutorial was available which can actually point me to the root cause of this issue.
I read the error again and realize the current feed is rendered to the page up to the first error and after that the issue was quite easy to fix. So I looked at the bottom of the feed which was showing and now I know which article was causing the issue, all I need to do is find the unformatted character and fix it.
I started stripping off the lines from the article and Bingo! after 5 minutes this issue was solved.
Now getting back to few points: Always try to use a good editor to write your post. Specially try not to write articles on MS word as it tends to add lots of weird character. If you use Dreamweaver or other tool on your Windows powered system,I suggest Install Windows live writer as it’s one of the best desktop editing tool I have found till the date.
This article is published with the intention to help those who got stuck in the same situation like I did.
Subscribe on Youtube
Check your domain ranking