The Ultimate WordPress Guide For Beginners
WordPress is no doubt one of the best blogging platform but needless to say WordPress user needs to know little bit of Technical know how. I have crafted this WordPress guide for newbies who just started with WordPress and need an extensive A-Z guide to move ahead. I have added a pro WordPress section for advanced WordPress users to make most out of WordPress. Do remember, this WordPress for beginners guide is crafted using lots of resources from Internet and you can bookmark this post for later use.
Most of the article related here are for self hosted WordPress blog i.e WordPress.org. So, if you are a newbie WordPress user and want to Learn WordPress, this is the right place to start. I have sorted the post based on different WordPress categories like WordPress SEO, Why WordPress and so on. Depending upon your WordPress skills, you can pick any one.
This is one of the most asked question by newbie, why to prefer WordPress over other platform. Well, I don’t need to tell it’s one of the most popular Blogging platform but also it’s easy to customize and SEO in WordPress can easily be achieved with the help of WordPress plugins.
For Business Websites, having a WordPress blog will help you to increase your search engine visibility and social media outreach. Anyways, here are some of the posts, which will make you understand why WordPress should be your blogging platform and why you need to start a blog right away with WordPress.
- Why you should use WordPress as your blogging platform
- Why and how WordPress is better than free BlogSpot blogs
- Benefits of WordPress for Online Business Websites
- Free WordPress Videos to learn WordPress
WordPress Installation Guide
- How to Install WordPress Blog on Bluehost Hosting <Sign up for Bluehost with Discount)
- How to install WordPress manually on any Webhosting
After Installation Guide
- How to Install WordPress Plugin
- How to Install WordPress Themes
- 8 Essential settings after Installing WordPress
- How to burn feed using Feed burner
- How to add Google analytic to your blog
- How to Install WordPress plugin from Dashboard
- WordPress ping list
Essential WordPress plugins
- Basic WordPress plugins for WordPress Blogs
- Google XML sitemap (For generating sitemap)
- Akismet (For combatting spam comments)
- WordPress SEO by yoast (Complete SEO of your blog)
- Easy WP SEO Plugin (Best for keyword optimisation)
- Smush.it WordPress plugin (Compresses images on your blog)
- WordPress contact form plugin ( Ignore this if you are using Jetpack plugin)
- Subscribe to comment wordpress plugin
- Meta robots : WordPress SEO plugin (Ignore this if you are using SEO by Yoast)
- WP super cache wordpress plugin (Good alternative is W3 Total cache, use only one of these two)
- No self ping wordpress plugin
- Post revision control plugin
- Related post wordpress plugin
- SEO friendly image wordpress plugin
- RSS footer WordPress plugin
SEO is an extensive topic and we talk about WordPress SEO, it starts from Onpage optimization to Keyword research. One of the most common WordPress SEO mistake people do is with indexing and you can check how your site is indexed in Google by typing site:domain.com. Pages like tags and categories are bad for SEO ranking of your site as they just add quantity to search engine index. It’s always a good idea to keep noindex tag to your useless pages and part of your blog. You can always take help of my SEO consultancy service to learn more about WordPress SEO. but, here are few DIY posts, and plugins which will help you optimize your WordPress blog for better ranking.
- A DIY guide for WordPress Blog SEO
- How to Setup Yoast WordPress SEO plugin
- How to SEO optimize Individual post in WordPress
- Generate Sitemap with Google XML sitemap plugin
- How to submit your blog sitemap to Google webmaster tool
- How to submit your blog sitemap to Bing
- WordPress post duplication issue
- WordPress post duplication issue with Comment settings
- How to keep WordPress tags and categories noindex.
- How to change WordPress default username for Security
- 7 Essential WordPress security tip
- 9 steps to secure WordPress Blog
WordPress How-to Guides
- How to Install WordPress locally using WAMP
- How to Create .htaccess file for WordPress
- How to Upgrade WordPress plugin correct way
- 3 ways to Backup WordPress database
- How to integrate Google AuthorShip in WordPress
WordPress Shared Hosting resources
WordPress Theme Resources
Here is list of 30 plugins which I use at ShoutMeLoud.
Do let us know if you want to add any specific WordPress topic into this WordPress guide. Don’t forget to subscribe to our Email newsletter for more such guides.