We all know that Google panda comes as a nightmare for many bloggers and many of them has seen big traffic drop. Even my blog got penalized by Google panda and I tried to understand the reasons behind it. Some of them which was easy to realize:
- My old posts which I started in beginning of my career were too small and can’t be considered as quality one.
- Slow blog loading time: This is one signal that Google is focusing a lot. A worked to tweak my blog speed and still working on it.
- Lots of Advertisements: If your blog have lots of advertisements, you might be giving wrong signal to Google about the quality of your site. Try to keep low no. of ads above the fold.
Full feed over Partial feed:
Now this is obvious that Google algo needs little tweak to ensure that they will treat original content as original. More over, Google algo should be smart enough to understand when a blog copy posts along with back link to original content, it’s not tough to understand which is original one. I use RSS footer plugin to add a backlink to original post and also to my blog homepage. So if you are also Facing issues like me due to other blogs copying your blog post, I would suggest you to change your feeds to partial feeds. This might not be great reader experience for your readers, but I believe it’s a good idea as this will help you to gain back your lost ranking. Now only this, you should try finding copied posts and use Google DMCA form to report it to Google. (How to request for URL removal from Google). Anyways, if you still facing issues with Google panda and traffic drop, I would suggest you to read following articles:
- How to recover from Google Panda effect
- Recovering from Google Panda
Do let us know what measures are you taking to fight against such copy-paste bloggers. Are you filing DMCA notice by sending Email to host, or you using Google DMCA or you simply ignoring them.