Recently I wanted to quit blogging. I sat down and took my personal diary and started writing how it would be if I quit. After writing it I decided to re-introspect my blogging journey. I’ve read & implemented few tactics to again fall in love with blogging which I wanted to share with you here.
Are you feeling the same?
Do you want to quit blogging? Of course every one will come across that phase at least once in their blogging career. Have a look at the following things when you want to quit blogging.
First off, anyone will want to quit blogging because of the following reasons..
- when you don’t have enough time
- when you don’t notice any results (even after working hard)
- when you’ve something else to do (job, higher studies etc)
Try the following things when you want to quit blogging
Use the “1 month – zero output tactic”
When you’re decided to quit blogging, then why not try this tactic??
Do this.. one month.
I’m sure you’ll either find inspiration or you love enjoying the blogging again. The primary reason for anyone to quit blogging is this: they expect the results. Although there’s nothing in wrong in expecting the results, but when you’re expecting the results within a limited time or considering blogging as a get-rich-quick-scheme is not gonna help you. So make sure to try 1 month – zero output tactic when you want to quit blogging.
In short, expect nothing in that 1 month and focus only on providing value to the readers.
Take the advice from established bloggers
I did this when I wanted to quit blogging. I emailed all the professional bloggers and influencers in my niche asking the suggestions about quitting blogging. Most of them are kind enough to respond back to me and majority of the bloggers said – try ONE more time. Give one more shot, so did I.
Follow the same rule when you want to quit blogging, email the established bloggers and state the problems which you’re facing currently in blogging, most of them will be kind enough to reply you back within 5 to 7 days. They can certainly help you because they’re already came across all that phases, troubles and hurdles. So their suggestions will be really helpful for you to decide whether or not to continue in blogging.
Remember the beginning days when you first started blogging? How did you feel when you were a newbie? Everything was amazing for you, right?
Ask yourself these questions when you want to quit blogging..
- Who inspired you to blog?
- What did you want to achieve from blogging?
- Where did you find the inspiration when you’re actively blogging?
- When was the last time you felt so happy for blogging?
- How did you help others with your blog?
- What are your reasons for saying this?
- Where did this shit happen?
- What about this situation affected you the most?
This will surely help you when you want to quit blogging.
Spend time on other blogs instead of yours!
Do you know the ONE biggest mistakes most of the bloggers (especially the newbies) are making?
It is.. spending more time on their OWN blogs.
Yes.. when you spend more time on creating content or responding to the comments on your own blog, how can others find your blog?? Okay let me share a simple tactic with you all. Spend quality time on other blogs!
I’m sure you’ll be shocked with the response and the results that you’ll get. Because you’re allowing yourself to connect with others, to build a healthy network around your blog, thus it automatically builds a thriving audience in no time.
So how can you spend time on other blogs to improve your own blog?
Here I’d suggest 3 actionable tips that you can implement right away to improve your own blog.
1. Blog commenting: This is no brainer, commenting is the quick way to build relationships with other blogs. When you’re leaving thoughtful comments on other blogs, no doubt, within no time other bloggers will be interested in checking out your blog. When they find your content interesting, they’ll surely consider subscribing or becoming loyal to your blog.
2. Guest posting: One of the most effective ways to build a brand for your blog is guest posting on already reputed blogs. But make sure you’re delivering the high quality contents even for your guest posts, because most of the bloggers I know are publishing the great stuff for their own blogs and writing mediocre content for the guest posts. If you’re doing the same, I’d suggest you to change your perspectives about guest blogging. You’ll get quality audience for your blog when you’re producing high quality guest posts.
3. Advising the new bloggers: Do you like sharing your blogging secrets with others? Share your thoughts and expertise with others for free. This is the best way to get rid of quit blogging thoughts!
Take a long break
If nothing works from the above list, then try this one – take a long break. Stay away from blogging for 2 to 3 months. This may result in two distinguish results – either you may lose total interest in blogging or you may feel refreshing towards blogging. I’m sure both helps.. how? Because you did everything to quit blogging, even after working on the above tasks, you feel like quitting blogging then quit it without giving another shot! But keep in mind that, it should be your least and last priority.
- How to overcome writers Block in simple ways
- How to make common blog post unique when writers block hits
Subscribe on Youtube
Check your domain ranking