Are you planing to start your own Social Bookmarking or Social News Website, like Digg? if yes then without having to pay a programmer outrageous fees you can start your own Social Bookmarking or Social News Website, like Digg.
In this post I am going to give you some tips on starting your own Social Bookmarking and Social News Website.
Creating a Social Bookmarking or Social News Website of your own allows you to:
- Do a market research.
- Brand yourself as a leading authority.
- Increase your profits with sponsorship and advertising revenue. Sell your own products.
- Provide useful and latest news from around the world chosen and voted by users.
- Service to the community and many more.
Steps towards starting Social Bookmarking or Social News Website of your own :
- Get a good domain name (It is always good to go for International domain names and is recommended)
- Select good Webs hosting provider. (99.99% uptime) (Hostgator recommended by Shoutmeloud. You can go for Baby plan, for more details visit our Review Page.
- Plan everything before starting (From domain name to SEO).
Now everything is ready so what to do next? Unlike Digg or Stumbleupon, Pligg is not a Social Bookmarking or Social News Website – it’s a platform where you can develop or start your own Social Bookmarking or Social News Website. It is not so easy to start such website from the scratch so if you start with Pligg, later once your website is popular you can hire your own Developer and make it more better.
Here is few example of websites powered by Pligg:
It is very easy to configure Pligg and Modify it. There are many Add-ons and themes available for free. You can even design your own theme or develop Add-ons if you are good in php.
Pligg is Opensource and is available for free download. You can modify it the way you want. With Pligg you can not only start Social Bookmarking or Social News Website but Social Networking Website as well. To know more about Pligg and to Download please visit http://www.pligg.com.
Hand picked Articles for you:
$49 worth WordPress Guide