Thesis theme is not a framework but it’s no less than a framework. You can do anything with Thesis WordPress theme and customize it in any ways. We have already shared some great tutorial for the same and if you have missed it, you can read it
Working as Thesis Theme Developer, I really feel the ease of developing and skipping other layout related ambiguities or bugs when using Thesis. Thesis theme is known for its SEO, Typography and flexibility for running JQuery Sliders, AJAX forms etc.
Below is the screenshot of a smooth slider configured on Thesis Theme.
Tutorial to add Content Slider in Thesis Theme, WordPress goes under:
1) Install Smooth Slider Plugin
- Login to Dashboard admin of the Blog or Website.
- On the left Navigation Pane, under Plugin click “Add New”.
- Search for the Plugin name “Smooth Slider”, and click install to download and setup plugin on your blog.
- Now activate the installed plugin to finish Plugin Installation.
2) Add a Post or a Page to content slider
- Login to the Dashboard admin, on left Navigation Pane, select Edit under Posts Menu item.
- In the edit posts window, click and edit the post you want to add to featured smooth slider.
- Now in the Post editor, scroll to the bottom of the page or simply press “End” on your Keyboard.
- Once you have checked the field, hit Update Post button, and the post is added to the content slider.
3) Configure Smooth Slider Plugin
- Login to the Dashboard, on left Navigation Pane, select Smooth Slider under Settings Menu Item.
- Configure the basic settings for the slider layout like Slider Width, height, background colour and Navigation etc…
- Further there are more advanced settings for slider enhancement, like Typography, Thumbnail Settings and Slider Content.
- Once done, hit save and see the preview in the same window for the content slider. If the preview satisfies you, close the window, else edit it again till it meets your requirement.
4) Adding Slider to Home Page Thesis Theme
- Login to Dashboard Admin, on left Navigation pane, select Custom File Editor under Thesis Menu Item.
- In the thesis Custom file editor choose “custom_functions.php” file and hit edit selected file.
- Add the below code snippet at the end of the file.
Make sure you backup the Custom_Functions.php file using FTP before modifying it. So, that you can easily revert back, when in uncertainty happens.
Make sure you insert the code very precisely, else it may crash or lay down your website.
- Now save the custom_functions.php file, and we are done with the setting up of Slider on the Home Page of the WordPress blog using Thesis Theme.
This ends our tutorial to add slider on Homepage. For any queries or any Thesis Theme help, post comments as your feedbacks. You can also see this slider in action at Wphostingdisocunt.
Do let us know if you use any slider or featured post in your WordPress theme?
Get Free Blogging updates in your Email