Gmail is an amazing mailing service comes with plenty of useful and innovative features. Gmail lab is a perfect example. Apart from lab there are lots of features available that’s fascinate your mailing experience and makes Gmail different from other mailing services. Gmail’s custom from feature is a good example.
Before I will tell you how you can add another Email account to from Address of your Gmail account, let me give you a scenario. Being a Blogger, I have multi Google Apps account (Gmail for Domain), but logging into all Email account at once is time consuming and I intend to use only one Email address for every other address.
That includes receiving all Emails into one and I can reply to email coming to [email protected], [email protected] from one Email address. I.e My personal Email address. If you are stuck into same situation of managing multiple Email address, this tutorial is what you need.
It lets you use Gmail to send messages with another of your email addresses listed as the sender in place of your Gmail address. From this feature you can manage your multiple email accounts from Gmail service.You need not to login to other mail account and you can directly send a message from your existing login mail account and receiver will receives a mail from an email account which you choose while mailing it.
To add a custom address you need to perform following steps:
How to Add another Gmail account to Gmail:
1) Go to Settings
2) Click on Accounts tab. In the Send mail as area click on Add another email address you own
2) In the name field enter your full name and in the Email address field enter your email address from which you would like to send mail from.
3) When you enter your email address and click on send verification Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you are the owner of email address.
4) You need to enter the verification code sent to your email address and then after click on Verify. Open your other account and either click the link in the message Gmail sent or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Gmail settings.
5) After your email address verification a new email address will flash on your Send mail as area:
6) Whenever you will compose a new mail,you would have new option in the From field, you can pick an address from the drop-down menu in the ‘From:’ field.
7) You can also edit or delete the email address you add in Settings> Accounts> Send mail as field.
Now enjoy this amazing Gmail feature and you can express your views on this Gmail feature in comment section. I have added almost 5 Gmail accounts to my main Gmail and it’s making me work faster and without opening all Email addresses. I’m sure this guide will help you and others who have multiple Gmail account.