PayPal is one of the most popular payment gateway system for Indian freelancers, but they comes with lots of restrictions. You can’t send PayPal payment from one Indian PayPal user to another one, you can’t use PayPal money for buying stuff, and there is lot more restrictions like adding your Pan Card and others. I’m calling it restrictions, because earlier there was no such rules, and an Indian blogger or freelancer can easily use PayPal money for buying, and there was very fewer limitations.
PayPal is a preferred Payment system internationally, and you can easily make most of the online Payment using PayPal. Specially, all the blogging tools/services sold online, prefer PayPal or credit card for payment.
I will not concentrate over the topic of transferring money to your account through PayPal I am here with a tip to solve the problem while purchasing any product(foreign product especially) through PayPal which many people would have faced in India and in those countries as well whose currency is not supported by PayPal network.
- How Indian Government & RBI is Killing Freelancing In India
- PayPal Team Shocked Indian Freelancers with New Rules
Below PayPal trick would be helpful for Indian bloggers, Freelancers, young entrepreneurs who are willing to start a blog or website with web hosting companies like BlueHost or any other hosting company which support PayPal network.
Note: Here I would be discussing with using “Indian Currency” word but the steps may apply to other currencies also which are not supported by PayPal.
Problem while Paying Foreign merchant through PayPal
In the recent days I came across with a problem while purchasing few software and plugin for my Blog through a merchant who supported PayPal payment gateway.When i was ready with everything and clicked to Pay it showed a message “We were unable to authorize your Payment, try with another card“.
I’m from India, and I used AXIS bank debit card to verify my PayPal account. I searched for the issue in Google but didn’t find any exact answer or solutions, then I contacted PayPal they said “Contact your bank as they are not providing us access to transact money.”and Bank said “PayPal doesn’t support verified by visa/master secure code , so we can’t allow the payment”.
I didn’t lose hope I searched a lot in internet as I was knowing many would be having this problem and finally I got a small help in some forum through comments and used my mind too and got problem solved.
How PayPal will accept Payment(Trick which is the title of this post)
Before proceeding with the steps below note down one important thing that you need to have a registered email ID(new ones can sign up here.) with PayPal and then register your credit/debit card in PayPal and they will verify it at the earliest.
- Proceed with PayPal Payment Gateway while you are purchasing any product.
- Change the default Indian currency to USD or any other currency which PayPal supports but don’t change your country name it must be India only.(see the image below)
- Sign in with your PayPal account
- You will be seeing the cost of product and few details about your PayPal account like, Registered card and email Id.(See Image below.)
- Now don’t be in hurry to press the Pay tab.
- Select other conversion option and select the tabBill me in the currency listed in seller’s invoice.(see screenshots below)
- Click submit button and you will be directed to the same payment page but this time currency listed will be in US dollars or the currency which merchant bills.
- Press the “Pay Now” tab and your payment will be accepted.
So the above was the procedure if you face this type of problem while paying with PayPal and I want to tell you this method works because PayPal doesn’t support Indian Currency and it may work with other currencies as well which are not supported by PayPal and it was the biggest mistake of mine that i was proceeding my PayPal transaction using Indian currency.
- How to find your recurring Pay list in PayPal
- Top 5 PayPal alternatives for Indians
Check your domain ranking