Practicing the knowledge is as important as acquiring the one!
I always believe perfection is subjective, and what is perfect for me; is not perfect for you. Though one thing which I learned in my 28 years of journey, life is all about improving yourself. One of the thing that I usually do to improve myself is read a lot, and learn from other people wisdom and experience. I don’t follow everything blindly, but I defiantly try to look into the context anything is said.
We all are struggling in a way. Not all of us feel the need to shout their problems from the mountain tops, but yes, we do feel let down at times. During such a phase, all one needs is a motivated push or a leap of faith to know things will be better someday. I occasionally share one liners and quotes on my Facebook page, and here is a collection of 51 quotes that you can read, memorise, tweet and change your life.
Quotes to Change Your Life
These are some of the quotes that you can live by. Think of them as quick mantra for better attitude and becoming a better person. Don’t just read them, learn them and make it a part of your life :
1. Don’t think of cost. Think of value.
2. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
3. No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying. (This quote is useful when you are feeling demotivated in your life).
4. Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
5. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company. (Just don’t make this quote an excuse to be socially-isolated.)
6. Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak, sometimes it means you are strong enough and smart enough to let go and move on.
7. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
8. While you’re busy looking for the perfect person, you’ll probably miss the imperfect person who could make you perfectly happy.
9. Never do something permanently foolish just because you are temporarily upset.
10. When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
11. Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
12. There isn’t anything noble about being superior to another person. True nobility is in being superior to the person you once were.
13. You will never become who you want to be if you keep blaming everyone else for who you are now.
14. Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone.
15. When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
16. When someone tells you, “You’ve changed,” it might simply be because you’ve stopped living your life their way.
17. Be happy. Be yourself. If others don’t like it, then let them be. Happiness is a choice. Life isn’t about pleasing everybody.
18. If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him.
19. No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
20. Learn to appreciate the things you have before time forces you appreciate the things you once had.
21. You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
22. There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.
23. Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.
24. What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while.
25. Things turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out.
26. Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.
26. Don’t be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.
28. I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.
29. Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.
30. We learn something from everyone who passes through our lives.. Some lessons are painful, some are painless, but, all are priceless.
31. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. it means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
32. Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.
33. Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
34. When the past calls, let it go to voicemail, believe me, it has nothing new to say.
35. Love what you have. Need what you want. Accept what you receive. Give what you can. Always remember, what goes around, comes around.
36. Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than what you have.
37. No one is going to hand me success. I must go out & get it myself. That’s why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world and myself.
38. When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
39. You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.
40. A year from now you will wish you had started today.
41. Our lives improve only when we take chances and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves.
42. We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
43. Do one thing every day that scares you.
44. The smallest deed is better than the greatest intention.
45. Sometimes it’s the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.
46. If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.
47. The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.
48. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
49. Turn your wounds into wisdom.
50. I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.
51. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
Here is one that I love the most:
Here are few more quotes collection from ShoutMeLoud archive: