Adding thumbnail on your homepage always increases the CTR as it makes the post attractive. This is in the case of all the WordPress theme. So if you are using any wordpress theme, you should try to enable thumbnail on homepage. You can also use Thumbnail for excerpt plugin to show thumbnail automatically in case if you don’t want to use custom field.
It comes handy in the Thesis Theme, that is to add a Thumbnail on Homepage. Thesis features to enable thumbnail image in teaser box, while creating or editing any post in the WordPress Dashboard.
The basic and simple procedure is to add image directly in Thumbnail Image Section, while creating or editing the post. By adding image means, we have to provide absolute URL of the thumbnail image, which is smaller in size of about 100px-150px, in Thumbnail Section and publish or update the post to see the effect.
Below is Step-by Procedure to show Thumbnail on Homepage in Thesis Theme.
- Login to WordPress Dashboard Admin.
- Create New Post or Edit any old post if existing, as desired.
- Click the media upload/insert button as specified in the screenshot below.
4. In order upload an image from local computer Click the select files button and choose the appropriate file.
5. Once the file is uploaded, go to Media Library Tab Next to From URL Tab. Find the latest file uploaded, and click on Show Link to view the Details. Now you can see a Thumbnail (150px X 150px resized) Picture, right click on it and choose copy image location for Firefox Users.
6. Now once we have the URL copied to Clipboard, next Step is to Paste that URL to Thumbnail Section.
7. In edit post page Scroll-Down a bit, till you see Post Image and Thumbnail Section.
8. In the Post Image and Thumbnail Section, Paste the Copied URL in Thumbnail Image URL textbox. Make sure the URL you pasted is proper, that is absolute URL. Absolute URL means, including protocol(http://).
In this case I have added Thumbnail URL as:
9. Now click Publish or Update button to see the effect on homepage.
Watch this video tutorial for adding Thumbnail on Thesis Theme Homepage:
This ends our basic procedure to show Thumbnail on Homepage. For any queries or any other assistance, post comments as your feedbacks.
Do let us know do you use Thumbnail on your WordPress Theme?
Get Free Blogging updates in your Email