Domain parking is a big business and we have already talked about most expensive domain names. Apart from domain flipping, you can also make money via Adsense for domain. In simple words, you can put Adsense ads on Parked domains and when a visitor land on your parked domain, from search or from referral, you will still be making money under adsense PPC program.
Update : Here is a bad news for Adsense for parked domains, as Google updated on their official page, that Parked domain adsense will retire on June 27th, 2012.\
This is like making money out of something which is not using. To make the maximum out of adsense for domain , best advice is buy an expired domain which is suppose to generate some traffic for you without any effort.
Step by step guide to Set up adsense for Domain :
1. Login to your adsense account> Click on adsense set up > Adsense for Domain
2. Click on Add new domain
3. Now add parked domain or domains in the format shown in the image and select the language for the parked domains and click on add domains.
4. Now you need to make changes in your domain registrar. You can refer to official guide for selected registrar from Google.
In this example I’m taking Godaddy as an example for registrar
5. Login to your Godaddy account and in the domain tab select the domain. here we have to do two Set up
Creating CNAME and Creating A record
a> Creating a CNAME record
Login to Godaddy account > On left hand side> Domain > Domain manager
In the next screen> Click on the name of the domain you want to associate with Adsense for hosted domain
Now click on Total DNS control and MX record link
Now you have to add new CNAME record, if already any CNAME entry is there, then edit it with the following entry
In the CNAME
Check for entry WWW if it is already there, then edit it else create a new entry
This is what you have to add in new entry for CNAME
- Alias name : www
- Point to : pub-xxxxxxxxx.afd.ghs.google.com
- Replace xxxxxx with your adsense pub id
Now we are done setting up our CNAME record, next thing is we need to set up A record
b> Creating a A record entry
Now for A record Entry we need to point our Existing @ record to 184.108.40.206
and add more A record with
- Host name @
- Points to : 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, and 22.214.171.124
This will look like this
The DNS propagation might take time up to 48 hours. Above all Google adsense will review your application for domain parking and once it will approve the parked domain. It will start showing the adsense advertisement.
So instead of keeping your domain blank, its better serve advertisement and make some money out of it.
If you like this post , you will also like shoutmeloud previous tutorial on :
- How to create Google Custom search code using adsense for search unit
- Step by step guide to Install self hosted WordPress blog
If you find this post useful, do stumble and tweet it to make it reachable to others.
Well, Adsense for domain is not retired, I would love to know what other method are you using to monetize your parked domains?
Get Free Blogging updates in your Email