When ever we talk about search engine optimization, we mostly refer to most used search engines. At the time of writing, Google and Bing are two most popular search engines, and Yahoo search is gearing up. Today, I will be talking about Search engine optimization of your blog on Bing Search, and some of the working ranking factors for Bing Search.
Some questions are :-
- I want to do Search engine optimization for Bing—what should I do?
- How do I gain top positioning in Bing?
- How is Bing different in terms of Search engine optimization?
- What do webmasters need to know and do Search engine optimization?
- Are there any Secret tips for successful ranking?
So I searched about Bing on the web and found some cool factors to do Search engine optimization for Bing, that may be useful for webmasters. Optimizing for Bing is no more different from optimizing for Google. So it is important that you know how to optimize your website for Bing. Now, let me share with you a few tips to get your website to rank better in Bing search engine.
How to Rank higher in Bing Search
Bing offers bing webmaster tool, which is a complete SEO suite that is your first step to get started with Bing search. All you need to do is, verify and submit your blog to Bing webmaster tool, and submit your sitemap. Harsh has covered a detailed guide on Bing webmaster tool and sitemap submission process. If you have missed it, here is the article: A Complete guide to use Bing Webmaster tool.
Content is king in Bing
- Always write unique and original content.
- Avoid duplicate content.
- Use simple and readable sentences
- Don’t use a lot of
- Keep URLs simple
- Convert URLs into SEO friendly structure.
- Create XML sitemap and submit to Bing webmaster Center
- Keep the size of XML file to be maximum 10 MB compressed.
Title and Meta-tags
- If you don’t adhere to it then your website will not be listed in search results.
- Domain age seems to be an important factor in Bing – the older, the better.
In Bing, link spamming will be less effective than Google. Review the Bing official guidelines for successful indexing document for various recommendations on technical and content issues. Bing has a Webmaster Center, similar to Google’s Webmaster Central.
Use W3C Markup Validation Service to validate your website for any HTML/CSS error.
On the official Bing blog, Principal Program Manager Rajesh Srivastava is offering up some tips on how to conduct search engine optimization (SEO) for Bing.
Do let us know, do you optimize your blog for bing search engine or your target is only Google search engine?
Subscribe to Download WordPress Guide Worth $99