We just informed you about Windows Live space goes to WordPress and here I have prepared a guide for Windows Live space users who are looking for step by step guide to move their live space blogs to WordPress. To get started with this, follow steps mentioned here and you will be on WordPress in no time.
Login to your Windows live space account and here are two screen which you will get one after one :
Click on Get started, upgrade my blog to WordPress.com and you will be redirected to confirmation page to start blog migration process.
Click on continue and you will be taken to next screen, which is step by step process and anyone can easily migrate his live space blog to WordPress.com in 5 minutes. If you already have a WordPress.com account (which is free), you can login from left hand side and move ahead with the process. Else you will be asked to create a free account.
To get started, click on connect:
Next step would be creating a new blog where all your live space data will be imported and your blog will be live on WordPress.com platform. Click on create new blog ->next
Set up blog:
- Next step would be give a name to your domain. So if you want your domain to be harsh.wordpress.com, add Harsh in blog domain space.
- Give a blog title: This could be your tag line as well.
- Select language of your blog.
- Set privacy to public if you want your blog to be visible for everyone including search engine.
- Set it to Block search engine, if you want it to be public but doesn’t appear in search engine.
- Private: If you don’t want your blog to be visible to anyone and want to set it by visible by invitation only.
- Click on create Blog.
So if you have done everything as stated above, you will get success message of completed blog migration.
Since my Windows live space has no content, no data was imported else you would be seeing a complete blog with lots of data. Here is a screenshot of my newly created WordPress.com blog after migration from Windows Live space:
Just for info, you have 6 month time to move to WordPress.com from live space. In case if you wish to move your Windows Live space blog to self hosted WordPress blog, you can hire me for that. More details on my service page.
No doubt WordPress is great platform for blogging and I’m sure you will love your blogging life on WordPress platform.
Do let us know if you are a Windows live space blogger and how do you feel about this whole merger of Windows Live space into WordPress?
If you find this tutorial worth sharing, do share it on Twitter/facebook and Stumble it.